About the Department
Department of Chemistry was established as a part of SJCE in 1963 and it has got a excellent qualified faculties offering Masters of Science and Doctoral Programmes (Ph.D) in the area of Chemistry. M.Sc Chemistry with four core modules of Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry and Physical Chemistry. The department apart from its main tasks of involving itself in an academic teaching and research has been also periodically interacted and established a mutually beneficial relationship with the nearby institution. The state of the art infrastructural facilities, faculties and expertise has been the hall mark of the department. This course is academic, industry and research oriented programme. A good number of industries contacted for M.Sc Chemistry course. Regular teaching and research laboratories are well equipped with sophisticated instruments to meet needs of the students. Department has achieved remarkable progress in terms of research output. The department at present has 15 researchers registered for PhD programme with 2 thesis submitted and 3 awarded. The main areas of ongoing research are synthetic organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, synthetic organometallic chemistry, green chemistry, nano chemistry, biosensors and co-ordination chemistry. Every year the department is organizing seminar, workshops and conferences to provide a platform for scientists and industrialists to discuss for mutual benefits.
BE – Vision
The Chemistry department is dedicated
- Providing superior undergraduate and professional education to its students.
- Developing and advancing the talents of students to create applicable knowledge.
- Nurturing translational and transformational research that benefit the society.
- Inspiring to excel in applied sciences delivery and care.
- To prepare students for a diverse and changing world.
- To encourage the advancement of science particularly chemistry in all of its branches through its education, research, and service missions.
- To awaken the young minds and discover their talents both in theory and in practical chemistry, through dedication to teaching, commitment to students and innovative instructional methods.
M.Sc – Vision
The Department of Chemistry endeavors to be a nationally-recognized model for educating and graduating students prepared to compete in and contribute to the ever-changing, technology-centered world of the 21st century. To achieve this vision, the department is committed to provide a course of study for postgraduates in the chemical sciences which combines curriculum, scholarship and service/engagement opportunities that are of high-quality, innovative and intellectually challenging and employ state-of-the-art technologies.
- Teach students the value of inter-disciplinary thinking by providing them with educational and research opportunities between chemistry and other fields of study.
- Promote innovative curriculum development while exposing students to advanced instrumentation and technology.
- Foster multi-disciplinary curriculum development to provide students with a breadth of course options in Forensic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Natural Product Chemistry, Environmental Science, Polymer Science and Chemical Education.
- Serve as good role models to students for safe and ethical professional behavior.
- Encourage students to value diversity and to develop a global perspective through international experiences in chemistry.
|1||Dr. Muneera Begum||Professor & Head||Ph. D||Chemistry|
|2||Dr. P.Mallu||Professor||Ph. D||Chemistry|
|3||Dr. S.Bindya||Assistant Professor||Ph. D||Chemistry|
|4||Dr. N Kumara Swamy||Assistant Professor||Ph. D||Chemistry|
|5||Dr. S Nagashree||Assistant Professor||Ph.D||Chemistry|
|6||Dr. C S Karthik||Assistant Professor||Ph.D||Chemistry|
|7||Dr. B S Madhukar||Assistant Professor||Ph.D||Chemistry|
|8||Deepika P||Senior Teaching Fellow||M.Sc.||Chemistry|
|9||Sandeep S||Senior Teaching Fellow||M.Sc. (Ph.D)||Chemistry|
|10||Nagendra Prasad H S||Senior Teaching Fellow||M.Sc. (Ph.D)||Chemistry|
|11||Vedavathi H S||Senior Teaching Fellow||M.Sc. (Ph.D)||Chemistry|
Admission in M.Sc. Chemistry