- Email Address
- Education Qualification (All qualification including diploma)
Ph.D in Chemistry from Mysore University
M.Sc Chemistry from Mysore University
- Journals Published
- Conferences Presented
- Research and Development projects submitted
- Research and Development projects Awarded
- Training Programs attended
- Training Programs conducted and coordinated
• As a Keynote speaker- Topic:” Synthesis and Biological Activity of piperidine derivatives” at the Two Days International Conference on Polymers and Chemical Engineering (ICPCE-15) on 28th – 31st March 2015 at Singapore.
• As a Invited speaker- “Design, Synthesis of Piperidine Derivatives for Anti-cancer and Anti- Inflammatory Agents” presented at the 7th National Conference on Novel Polymeric Materials held on 15-16 September 2017 at Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering,Mysore.
- Number of PhD students awarded so far
- Number of PhD students pursuing
- Research Interests
A great deal of research in chemistry is devoted to the study of heterocyclic compounds and its biological applications. It is a vast and expanding area because of the obvious applications of compounds derived from heterocyclic rings in pharmaceutical, agriculture and other fields.
Polymer blends & alloys; Interpenetrating polymer networks of Polyurethanes; Polymer composites–modification, tribological, fractured toughness; Molecular transport; Conducting polymers; Biopolymers/biodegradable polymers- for drug delivery.
- List of Publication
1) Hema M. K, Karthik C. S., Manukumar H. M., Karthik Kumara, Pampa K. J. Mallesha L, Mallu P., Umesha S., Ismail Warad and Lokanath N. K. “Synthesis and structural studies of (Z)-3-hydroxy-1-phenylbut-2-en-1-one copper (II) complexes as an excellent antimicrobial agent against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus” Inorganica Chimica Acta, 2019, 484, 227-236 (I.F.: 2.264)
2) Yasser Hussein Eissa Mohammed, H.M. Manukumar, K.P. Rakesh, C.S. Karthik, P. Mallu, Hua-LiQin, “Vision for medicine: Staphylococcus aureus biofilm war and unlocking key's for anti-biofilm drug development” Microbial Pathogenesis, 2018, 123. (I.F.: 2.332)
3) Xu Zhang, H.M. Manukumar, K.P. Rakesh, C.S. Karthik, H.S. Nagendra Prasad, S. Nanjunda Swamy b, P. Mallu, Yasser Hussein Eissa Mohammed, Hua-Li Qin. “Role of BP*C@AgNPs in Bap-dependent multicellular behavior of clinically important methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) biofilm adherence: A key virulence study” Microbial Pathogenesis, 2018, 123, 275–284. (I.F.: 2.332)
4) C. S. Karthik, H. M. Manukumar, S. Sandeep, B.L. Sudarshan, S. Nagashree, K.P. Rakesh, L. Mallesha, K.R.Sanjay, P. Mallu, and Hua-Li Qin, “Development of Piperazine-1-carbothioamide titivated chitosan silver nanoparticle (P1C-Tit*CAgNP) as promising anti-inflammatory candidate:A molecular docking validation” RSC Med Chem Comm. 2018, 9, 713-724. I.F.: 2.342)
6) Hema M. K., Karthik C. S, Ismail Waradb, Mousa Al-Noaim, Karthik Kumara, Mallesha L, Mallu P, and Lokanath N. K. “Novel copper(II)/phenathroline/4,4,4-trifluoro-1-phenylbutane-1,3-dione complex: Crystal structure,DFT, Hirshfeld surface, spectral, solvatochromism, thermal and DNA-binding analysis” Journal of Molecular Structure, 2018, 1157, 69-77 (IF-2.011).
7) C. S. Karthik, H. M. Manukumar, A. P. Ananda, S. Nagashree, L. Mallesha,S. Umesha, P. Mallu, and N. B. Krishnamurthy. Synthesis of novel benzodioxane midst piperazine moiety decorated chitosan silver nanoparticles (BP*C@AgNPs) against biohazard pathogens and as potential anti-inflammatory candidate: An molecular docking proofs International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2018, 108, 489–502. 77 (IF-3.909).
8) K.N. Chethan Pratap, C. S. Karthik, S. Naveen, Karthik Kumara, L. Mallesha, P. Mallu and N. K. Lokanath “Thermal, Optical, Synthesis, Crystal Structure and Hirshfeld Surface Analysis of 2-((Pyridin-4-yl)methyl)isoindoline-1,3-dione” Chemical Data Collections, 2017, 9(10), 164-174.
16) Hema M K, Karthik C S, Karthik Kumara, Mallesha L, Mallu P, Lokanath NK “Crystal Structure and Hirshfeld Surface Analysis of 4-Nitrophenyl Isocyanate” Der Pharma Chemica, 2017, 9(7):8-12.
9) C. S. Karthik, L. Mallesha, M. V. Santhosh, S. Nagashree, P. Mallu “Synthesis, Characterization, Antimicrobial Activity, and Optical Properties of Schiff Bases Derived from 4-(Aminomethyl) Piperidine” Indian Journal of Advances in Chemical Science, S1, 2016, 206-212. (IF-2.63).
10) L Mallesha, C S. Karthik, Chethan Kumar and P. Mallu “Synthesis, Antioxidant and Antihemolytic Activities of (4-Nitro-benzylidene)-pyridin-3-ylmethyl amine” Chemical Science Review and Letters, 2016, 5(18), 183-190. (IF- 0.786).
11) Santosh Kumari, S. M. Abdul Shakoor, Kiran Bajaj, S. H. Nanjegowda, P. Mallu, Rajeev Sakhuja “Copper-catalysed CAN/CAO coupling in water: a facile access to N-coumaryl amino acids and fluorescent tyrosine & lysine labels” Tetrahedron Letters, (2016) 47(41), 2732–2736. (IF-2.379).
12) Shankara H Nanjegowda, Manasa G Papanna, P Mallu, S. Nanjunda Swamy, Raghu Ram Achar, KS Rangappa “A gradient based facile HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of antioxidants extracted from tea powder”. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 2016, DOI 10.1007/s13197-016-2183-2. (IF-2.20).
13) S Sandeep, A S Santhosh, N Kumara Swamy, G S Suresh, J S Melo, P Mallu “Biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles using Convolvulus pluricaulis leaf extract and assessment of their catalytic, electrocatalytic and phenol remediation properties” Advanced Material Letters, 2016, 7(5), 383-389. (IF-1.9).
14) Devesh S. Agarwal, Shankara H. Nanjegowda , Hasitha Shilpa Anantaraju, P. Mallu, Dharmarajan Sriram, Perumal Yogeeswari, Rajeev Sakhuja, “Synthesis, characterization and biological evaluation of bile acid-aromatic/heteroaromatic amides linked via amino acids as anti-cancer agents”, Steroids, 2016, 107, 87-97. (IF-2.716).
15) C S Karthik, L. Mallesha, S. Nagashree, P. Mallu, Vasanth Patil, Sathish Kumar. Schiff bases of 4-(methylthio) Benzaldehydes: Synthesis, characterization, antibacterial, antioxidant and cytotoxicity Studies. Current Chemistry Letters, 5(2), 71–82, 2016. (IF-1.23).
16) N. Latha Rani, C.S. Karthik, P. Mallu, L. Mallesha and M. A. Sridhar “Synthesis, Crystal Structure and Hirshfeld Study of 3,3'-dinitrobenzophenone” Journal of Applicable Chemistry 2016, 5(1):231-241. (IF-0.654).
17) S. Nagashree, C S Karthik, B L Sudarshan, L. Mallesha, H P Spoorthy, K R Sanjay and P. Mallu. “In vitro antimicrobial activity of new 2-amino-4-chloropyridine derivatives: A structure-activity relationship study” Journal of Pharmacy Research 2015, 9(8), 509-516. (IF-2.89).
18) C S. Karthik, L. Mallesha and P. Mallu. “Investigation of Antioxidant Properties of Phthalimide Derivatives” Canadian Chemical Transactions, 2(3), 199-206, 2015.
19) C S. Karthik, L. Mallesha and P. Mallu. “Synthesis and In Vitro Biological Activity of [1-(Substituted-benzoyl)-piperidin-4-yl]-(2,4-difluoro-phenyl)-methanone Oximes, International Journal Of chemical, Environmental & Biological Sciences. 3(2), 2015, 156-161. (IF=1.26)
20) C S Karthik, L Mallesha, B Veeresh and P Mallu. “Antibacterial, antioxidant and antiproliferative Activities of 2-Piperazinoethylamine Derivatives” International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Chemistry, 5(1), 157-166, 2015. (IF-0.510).
21) H. S. Nagendra Prasad, C. S. Karthik, L. Mallesha and P. Mallu. “A short review on biological activity of triazole containing metal complexes” Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis and Medicinal Chemistry, 2(4), 214- 229, 2014. (IF-0.879).
22) G K Chandrashekara, K Vinaya, N D Rekha and P.Mallu, “Synthesis and diverse In Vitro biological activities of 5-(4-Fluoro-3-nitrophenyl)-3-phenyl-1,2,4-oxadiazole derivatives” Journal of Pharmacy Research, 8(10),1544-1551, 2014. (IF-2.89).
23) Lingappa Mallesha, Chimatahalli S. Karthik, Puttaswamappa Mallu, Vasanth Patil. Synthesis, Characterization and Antibacterial Activity of Isoindoline-1,3-dione Derivatives. SOP Transactions on Organic Chemistry, 1(2), 21-28, 2014.
24) S. Nagashree, C S. Karthik, L. Mallesha, P. Mallu and S. Bindya. Antiproliferative Activity of New Schiff Bases Derived From 3-Fluoro-5-(trifluoromethyl)benzylamine. Int. J. Sci. Research, 3(10), 70-73, 2014 (IF= 1.80).
25) G. K. Chandrashekara, C.V. Kavitha, P. Mallu and K. Vinaya. “Pyrimidines: Synthesis and Antiproliferative Activity on Human Leukemia Cells” Chemical Science Review and Letters. 3(11), 462-477, 2014. (IF-0.786).
26) Chimatahalli S.Karthik, Lingappa Mallesha, M V Santhosh, and Puttaswamappa Mallu “In Vitro Antimicrobial Activity of Some New Azo Compounds Synthesized from 2-Amino ethyl Piperazine” Chemical Science Review and Letters. 3(10), 224-230, 2014. (IF-0.786).
28) S. Nagashree, L. Mallesha and P. Mallu. “Synthesis and in vitro biological activity of 6-chloro- pyridin-2-yl-amine derivatives”. Der Pharma Chemica, 5(2), 50-55, 2013. (IF-0.98)
30) S. Nagashree, P. Mallu, L. Mallesha and Bindya. “Synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial activity of methyl-2-aminopyridine-4-carboxylate derivatives”. Journal of Chemistry, 2013, 5, 2012. (IF-0.996)
31) Siddaramaiah, P. Mallu, S. Roopa, H. Somashekarappa and R. Somashekar: “Physico-mechanical Optional and Waxs Studies on Castor Oil Based PU/Polyacrylates IPNS”, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., Vol. 95(3), pp. 764-773, 2005.
32) P. Mallu, Siddaramaiah and R. Somashekar: “Synthesis and Characterization of Castor Oil Based Polyurethane – Polyacrylonitrile Interpenetrating Polymer Networks”, Bull. Mater. Sci., Vol. 23, No. 5, pp. 413-418, October 2000.
33) Siddaramaiah, P. Mallu and A. Varadarajulu: “Interpenetrating Polymer Networks from Castor Oil Based Polyurethane and Polystyrene”, Polymer Degradation and Stability, 63, 305-209, 1999.
34) Siddaramaiah, P. Mallu, H.G. Naik and T.M. Aminabhavi: “A Computer Simulation Method to Calculate Concentration Profiles in Polymeric Membranes”, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., Vol. 73, 2051-2055, 1999.
35) Siddaramaiah and P. Mallu: “Sorption and Diffusion of Aldehydes and Ketones through Castor Oil Based IPN’s of PU/PS”, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 67, 2047-2055, 1998.
36) Siddaramaiah, P. Mallu and R. Somashekar: “Characterisation of Castor Oil Based IPN’s of PU/PS”, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 68, 1739-1744, 1998.