Dr. P. Nanjundaswamy is a Professor of Civil Engineering in JSS Science and Technology University (formerly Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering), Mysuru having over 30 years of teaching and research experience. He obtained his Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from University of Mysore in 1985, Master degree in Highway Engineering from Bangalore University in 1989 and doctoral degree from Kuvempu University in 2009. He has published over 25 research articles in various peer reviewed journals and reputed conferences, supervised 18 Masters and over 30 undergraduate thesis. Presently guiding 2 doctoral and 1 M.Sc. (Engg) by research candidates. Two candidates are awarded M. Sc. (Engg) by research under his guidance. He has completed several sponsored research projects from AICTE and DST. He is a Certified Road Safety Engineer and Auditor accredited by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH), Government of India.
His present area of research interest is Applications of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science in Road Safety Engineering and Pavement Engineering
He has organized several training programs to professional engineers working in Public Works Department, Power Corporation, Karnataka Rural Infrastructure Development Ltd, etc. under continuing education program sponsored by government of Karnataka.
He was a Guest faculty at Indian Academy of Highway Engineers (MoRTH, Govt. of India) and Kerala Road Safety Authority, Govt. of Kerala. He is delivering guest lectures regularly to professional engineers in the areas of Road Safety Engineering, Pavement Engineering, etc. at Karnataka Engineering Research Station (KERS), PMGSY – Mysore division, Administrative Training Institute (ATI), The State Institute for Urban Development (SIUD) and other academic institutions. He has delivered lectures in several VTU-EDUSAT programs.
He successfully organized the GIAN course on on Sustainable Roadways – Design, Construction and Maintenance during July-August 2018 and on Urban Planning and Management using Remote Sensing and GIS during July-August 2016.
He is nominated member of M-TRAC committee to assist Mysuru city traffic police department in implementing the project for control and management of city traffic. Life member of Indian Road Congress, Indian Society of Technical Education, Institution of Engineers-India, Indian Geotechnical Society and Association of Consulting Civil Engineers. Member of BoS and BoE of several Institutions.
- Email Address
- Education Qualification (All qualification including diploma)
Ph. D. (Civil Engineering) from Kuvempu University - 2008
M.E. (Civil - Highway Engineering) from Bangalore University - 1989
B.E. (Civil Engineering) from University of Mysore - 1985
- Journals Published
2 (Last 3 years)
- Conferences Presented
1 (Last 3 years)
- Research and Development projects Awarded
Co-Principal Investigator under Research Promotion Scheme (RPS) from AICTE, New Delhi, for the project “Seismic Retrofitting of Retaining Walls”
- Training Programs attended
- 20 (Last 3 years)
- Training Programs conducted and coordinated
- 13 (Last 3 years)
Certified Road Safety Engineer and Auditor accredited by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MORTH).
Member of the M-TRAC committee to assist Mysuru city traffic police in implementing the project for control and management of city traffic
- Number of PhD students pursuing
- Research Interests
Applications of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science in
* Road Safety Engineering
* Pavement Engineering
- List of Publication
Last Three years
1. Pushpa K., Prasad S.K. and Nanjundaswamy P. (2016) “Critical analysis of Slope Stability Analysis Methods”, International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology, ESRSA Publication, Volume 5, Issue 07, July 2016,
2. Pushpa K., Prasad S.K. and Nanjundaswamy P. (2017), Simplified Pseudostatic Analysis of Earthquake Induced Landslides, Indian Journal of Advances in Chemical Science 5(1) 54-58
3. Nagaraj Heera and Nanjundaswamy P. (2016), Performance Evaluation of High Rise Residential Building with different Column and Floor System – A Case Study, International Conference on Advanced Materials and Technology (ICMAT-16), 26th-28th May, S. J. college of Engineering, Mysuru, India