- Email Address
- Education Qualification (All qualification including diploma)
Ph.D. (Biological and Agricultural Engineering), Kansas State University, USA; summer 2006 Research area: Watershed protection, water quality modeling, GIS and Remote sensing, uncertainty due to spatial rainfall variability, NEXRAD radar precipitation
“Graduate Certificate in GIScience”, Dept. of Geography, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS; 2006
M. Tech. (Industrial Pollution Control - Chemical Engineering), Karnataka Regional Engineering College, University of Mangalore, India; 2001
Research area: GIS aided zonal atlas for locating polluting industries
B. E. (Environmental Engineering), Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, University of Mysore, India; 1997
Emphasis area: Environmental impact assessment, water/wastewater treatment
- Research and Development
R & D Projects Undertaken
1. Dr. B. Manoj Kumar (PI), Dr. Puspa Tuppad (CO-PI), Rohini (Collaborator – CDD). 2017-2020. “Biological nutrient removal from wastewater in modified DEWATS system for reduced land and energy footprint”, funded by Department and Science and Technology under Water Technology Initiative. Cost: Rs. 37.5 lakhs.
2. KSCST sponsorship (Student Project Program (SPP) – 38th series 2014-2015) for the project titled “Methane Generation from Dried Vegetable Waste”. Project proposal reference number: 38S1615. Cost: Rs. 5000/-
- Journals Published
- Conferences Presented
- Research and Development projects submitted
- Research and Development projects Awarded
- Training Programs attended
- Training Programs conducted and coordinated
Honors and Awards
1. ASABE Honorable Mention Paper Award 2011 for “Tuppad, P., K.R. Douglas-Mankin, J.K. Koelliker, and J.M.S. Hutchinson. 2010. SWAT model response to spatial rainfall variability. Transactions of the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers 53(1):65-74.”
2. ‘Young Engineer of the Year – 2010’, awarded by the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE) Texas Chapter
3. NSF grant to participate in the ‘Faculty Horizons - NSF ADVANCE Workshop for aspiring STEM Faculty’, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Baltimore, 2006
4. ‘Graduate Student of the Year’ award by Dept. of Biological & Agricultural Engineering, KSU, 2006
- Number of PhD students pursuing
- Research Interests
Water Resources Engineering, Watershed hydrology/Water Quality Modeling, Applications of Remote Sensing and GIS in Environmental Engineering, Water and Wastewater Treatment
- List of Publication
1. Prajnya V. H., Pushpa Tuppad. 2016. Study of Hydrologi Response of Kabini Basin Using Soil and Water Assessment Tool (SWAT). International Journal of Engineering Science and Computing, 6(8): 2373-2380. Impact factor: 5.611
2. Renukumar K. S., PushpaTuppad. 2016. Improving water economics by reducing unaccounted-for-water in water distribution network through leakage control. Journal of Indian Water works Association, July-Sept 2016: 193-201.
3. C. Hegde Nayana, Tuppad Pushpa. 2016. Nano Zero-valent Iron for the Removal of Color and Chemical Oxygen Demand of Textile Effluent. Indian Journal of Advances in Chemical Science, S1: 236-238.
4. Lee. T, Xiuying Wang, Michael White, Pushpa Tuppad, Raghavan Srinivasan, Balaji Narasimhan, and Darrel Andrews. 2015. Modeling Water-Quality Loads to the Reservoirs of the Upper Trinity River Basin, Texas, USA. Water, 7, 5689-5704; doi:10.3390/w7105689. Impact factor: 1.428.
5. Deb, D.; Tuppad, P.; Daggupati, P.; Srinivasan, R.; Varma, D. 2015. Spatio-Temporal Impacts of Biofuel Production and Climate Variability on Water Quantity and Quality in Upper Mississippi River Basin. Water, 7: 3283-3305. Impact factor: 1.428.
6. T. Johnson, J. Butcher, D. Deb, M. Faizullabhoy, P. Hummel, J. Kittle, S. McGinnis, L.O. Mearns, D. Nover, A. Parker, S. Sarkar, R. Srinivasan, P. Tuppad, M. Warren, C. Weaver, and J. Witt. 2015. Streamflow and Water Quality Sensitivity to Climate Change and Urban Development in 20 U.S. Watersheds. Journal of the American Water Resources Association (JAWRA) 1-21. DOI: 10.1111/1752-1688.12308. Impact factor: 1.348.
7. Renukumar K. S., PushpaTuppad. 2014. Water Audit in Distribution Network by Establishng District Metered Area (DMA) - A Necessity in Assessing Real Losses Component of Non-revenue Water (NRW). International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology, 5(9): 01-08. Impact factor (2014): 7.9290.
8. Sahana B., Pushpa Tuppad, B. Manoj Kumar and K. P. Jayaramu. 2014. Sediment Control at the Source for a Bulk Water Supply Scheme in Mysore, India. International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology, 5(9): 49-56. Impact factor (2014): 7.9290.
9. T. S. Mamatha, M. R.Nandini, T. N. Parinitha, S. Umesha, RizbinMehra, Pushpa Tuppad, B. Manoj Kumar and B. M. Krishna. 2013. Water Quality Monitoring and Trophic status classification of Karanji Lake, Mysore. International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology, 43-48. Impact factor: 2.552.
10. Wang, X., White, M., Tuppad, P., Lee, T., Srinivasan, R., Zhai, T., Andrews, D., Narasimhan, B. 2013. Simulating sediment loading into the major reservoirs in Trinity River Basin. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation 68 (5): 372 – 383. Impact factor: 1.811.
11. Tuppad, P., K. R. Douglas-Mankin, T. Lee, R. Srinivasan, and J. G. Arnold. 2011. Soil and water assessment tool (SWAT) Hydrologic/Water Quality model: Extended capabilities and wider adoption. Transactions of the ASABE 54(5): 1677-1684. Impact factor: 1.033.
12. Douglas-Mankin, K. R., D. Maski, K. A. Janssen, P. Tuppad, G. M. Pierzynski. 2010. Modeling Nutrient Runoff Yields from Combined In-Field Crop Management Practices Using SWAT- Transactions of the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers, 53(5): 1557-1568. Impact factor: 1.033.
13. Pushpa Tuppad, C. Santhi, and R. Srinivasan. 2010. Assessing BMP effectiveness: Trend analysis of observed water quality data. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 170(1-4): 315-329; DOI 10.1007/s10661-009-1235-8. Impact factor: 1.633.
14. Tuppad, P., K.R. Douglas-Mankin, J.K. Koelliker, and J.M.S. Hutchinson. 2010. SWAT discharge response to spatial rainfall variability. Transactions of the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers 53(1):65-74.
15. Pushpa Tuppad, Kyle R. Mankin, James. K. Koelliker, J. M. Shawn Hutchinson, Mary C. Knapp. 2010. NEXRAD Stage III Precipitation Local Bias Adjustment for Streamflow Prediction. Transactions of the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers, 53(5): 1511-1520.
16. Pushpa Tuppad, Narayanan Kannan, Raghavan Srinivasan, Colleen G. Rossi, and Jeffery G. Arnold. 2010. Simulation of agricultural management alternatives for watershed protection. Water Resources Management, 24(12): 3115-3144; DOI 10.1007/s11269-010-9598-8.
17. Pushpa Tuppad, Kyle R. Mankin, Kent A. McVay. 2010. Strategic targeting of cropland management using watershed modeling. International Commission of agricultural and Biosystems Engineering (CIGR), 12(3): 1-19.
18. Pushpa Tuppad, Michael Winchell, R. Srinivasan, and Jimmy R. Williams. 2009. ArcAPEX: ArcGIS interface for Agricultural Policy Environmental eXtender (APEX) hydrology/water quality model. International Agricultural Engineering Journal, 18(1-2): 59-71.
19. Pushpa Tuppad, C. Santhi, J. R. Williams, R. Srinivasan, X. Wang, and P. H. Gowda. 2009. Simulation of conservation practices using APEX model. Applied Engineering in Agriculture, 26(5): 779-794.
20. Maski, D, K. R. Mankin, K. A. Janssen, P. Tuppad, and G. M. Pierzynski. 2008. Modeling runoff and sediment yields from combined in-field crop practices using SWAT. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation, 63(4): 193-203.
21. C. Santhi, P. M. Allen, R.S. Muttiah, J. G. Arnold, and P. Tuppad. 2008. Regional estimation of base flow for the conterminous United States by hydrologic landscape regions. Journal of Hydrology, 351: 139-153.
22. D. Maski., C. D. Durairaj, and T. Pushpa. 2004. Characterization of spray liquids for electrostatic charging. Institution of Engineers (India)-Agril. Engineering, 84, June: 33-36.