- Fellow Member (FM 1632) – Association of Consulting Civil Engineers (ACCE), Bengaluru, India.
- Life Member (LM 3299) – Indian Geotechnical Society (IGS), New Delhi, India.
- Life Member (LM 10571) – Indian Concrete Institute (ICI), Bengaluru, India.
- Life Member (M 121193-5) – Institution of Engineers (IE), Calcutta, India.
- Life Member (LM 2181) – Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), New Delhi, India.
- Email Address
- Education Qualification (All qualification including diploma)
1. B. E. Civil from Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering (SJCE), Mysuru in 1984.
2. M. Tech in Industrial Structures from Karnataka Regional Engineering College (KREC), Surathkal in 1987 (At present National Institute of Technology, Karnataka)
3. P.hd. from Kuvempu University in 2009 in the area of Fracture Mechanics
- Research and Development
• Involved in Teaching Under graduate program in Civil Engineering, Post graduate program in Industrial Structures, Research and Consultancy in the Department of Civil Engineering, SJCE/JSS STU since 1988.
• Published 11 Technical papers in International and National Journals, and 5 Technical papers in International and National conferences.
• Guided Two Ph.D. students and currently Guiding 2 Doctoral students.
• Guided 77 M.Tech dissertation works and currently Guiding 2 M.Tech. students.
• Involved in consultancy works of the department related to structural design, proof checking of design, non-destructive testing of structures and testing of building materials.
• Honoured with Dakshina Kesari Best Engineer Award – 2017 by Lions club of Mysore South during September, 2017.
• Appointed as subject expert to deliver live presentations and prepare e-learning notes for EDUSAT - satellite based distance education program brought out by e-Learning centre, Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagaum on Strength of Materials (Programme 1, 2004), Design of Steel Structures (Programme 6, 2010), Design of RCC Structures (Elective, Programme 17, 2012) and Strength of Materials (Program 23, 2017).
• Attended Best Value Conference 2014 in January, 2014 and also underwent training in Best Value practices in ‘Construction Technology’ at Arizona State University, Tempe, USA.
• Delivered an invited lecture on " Fracture mechanics of Concrete - An Overview" at Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad in January, 2012.
• Underwent Training on “Integrated Coastal Zone Planning and Management using Geoinformation Technologies” at Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Bangkok, Thailand in September 2008.
• Delivered invited lectures periodically to working professional engineers in various government organisations such as Public Works Department and Irrigation through Karnataka Engineering Research Station (KERS), Krishnasagara under the continuing education program on topics related to Modelling, Analysis, Design and Detailing of Structures, Non destructive testing of concrete, Mix proportioning of concrete, Pavement materials, Quality control of concrete, etc.
• Delivered invited lectures at other institutions on Finite Element Method, Reliability Analysis, NDT, etc., under Faculty Development Program, Special lectures, etc.
- Journals Published
- Conferences Presented
- Training Programs attended
- Attended over 50 Training programs and workshops
- Training Programs conducted and coordinated
- More than 15 programs
Honoured with Dakshina Kesari Best Engineer Award – 2017 by Lions club of Mysore South during September, 2017.
- Number of PhD students awarded so far
- Number of PhD students pursuing
- Research Interests
• Fracture Mechanics of Cementitious Materials
• Numerical, Analytical and Experimental studies of Structural Engineering Problems
• Concrete Technology
• Reliability Analysis
- List of Publication
• Lokhre, P., Raviraj, S. and Satish, R. (2017), ‘Corrugated Metal Roof Cladding Sheets Subjected To Uplift Pressure’, International Journal for Scientific Research and Development, Vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 1432-1438.
• Nirmala, D.B. and Raviraj, S. (2016), ‘Experimental Study of Optimal Self Compacting Concrete with Spent Foundry Sand as Partial Replacement for M-sand using Taguchi method’, Journal of Civil Engineering - SSP, Vol.11, no. 1, pp.119-126.
• Chidananda, G. and Raviraj, S. (2016), ‘Prediction of Shear Strength of Slender RC Beams without Shear Reinforcement by Standard Codes of Practice’, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 1844-1854.
• Chidananda, G. and Raviraj, S. (2016), ‘Prediction of Shear Strength of Slender RC Beams without Shear Reinforcement’, International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, Vol. 5, no. 4, pp.82-88.
• Chidananda, G. and Raviraj, S. (2016), ‘Evaluation of Shear Strength of Slender RC Beams without Shear Reinforcement, International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, Vol. 5, Sp. Issue 14, pp.97-103.
• Nirmala, D.B. and Raviraj, S. (2015), ‘Development of Optimal Self Compacting Concrete containing Flyash and Spent Foundry Sand by Taguchi method’, Journal of Concrete Technology, Vol.1, no. 1, pp.14-21.
• K.T. Sundara Raja Iyengar, S. Raviraj, T.N. Jayaram, (2002), “Analysis of crack propagation in strain-softening beams”, Journal of Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Illinois, USA, Vol. 69, No. 6, pp 761-778. Citations - 23
• K.T. Sundara Raja Iyengar, S. Raviraj, (2001), “Analytical study of fracture in concrete beams using blunt crack model”, Journal of Engineering Mechanics, ASCE, Vol. 127. No. 8, 828-834. Citations - 12
• K.T. Sundara Raja Iyengar, S. Raviraj, A. Venkateswara Gupta, (1995), “Graphical method to determine the parameters of the two-parameter fracture model for concrete”, Journal of Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Washington, Vol. 51, No. 5, pp. 851-859.
• Shashiprakash, S.G., Nagaraj, T.S., Raviraj, S., Yenagi, B.V., (1994), “Proportioning of fly-ash concrete mixes - A generalised approach”, Journal of cement, concrete and aggregate, ASTM, vol. 16. Citations - 03
• G. Ravi, S. Raviraj, B. Umesh, (2013), “Fatigue Damage of Railway Plate Girder Bridges a Case Study”, Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 39, No. 6, pp. 695-700.
International / National Conferences
• Nirmala D.B. and Raviraj, S. (2013), “Self compacting concrete using industrial wastes – A Review”, International Conference on “Convergence of Science, Engineering and Management in Education and Research”, Dayanandasagar institutions, Bangalore.
• K.T. Sundara Raja Iyengar, S. Raviraj, Sharna Raghavan, S. Balaji, (2001), “A comparative study of two fracture models for concrete”, International conference on civil engineering ICCE, Bangalore, 164-172.
• H.L. Girish Raje Urs, S. Raviraj, T.S. Nagaraj, (1999), “Role of matrix in compaction of roller compacted fly ash cement concrete”, National seminar on fly ash characterization and its geotechnical applications, Organised by Department of civil engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, and Fly ash mission, TIFAC, Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi, at Bangalore, 77-82.
• K.T. Sundara Raja Iyengar, S. Raviraj, P.N. Ravikumar, (1998), “Analytical study of fictitious crack propagation in concrete beams using a bilinear - w relation”, Third International conference of Fracture Mechanics and Concrete Structures, FRAMCOS – III, Japan, 315-324. Citations - 08
• Nagaraj, T.S., Shashiprakash, S.G., Raviraj, S., Manjunath, Y.M., (1993). “Prediction of 28day strength of concrete from early strength data”, Third international conference on concrete technology for developing countries, Libya, 78-91.