- Rheological and processibility studies on powder injection molding
- Copolymers and blends of Cellulose acetate
- Polyamide based and Thermoplastic polyurethane based blends
- Polypropylene based and Polycarbonate based blends
- Effect of fiber type, fiber content and coupling agent on properties of natural fiber reinforced polyethylene composites
- Novel polymeric composites from Polyaryl ether ketones for electrical applications.
- Development of adsorptive cum degradative bed columns for the removal of phenols
- Email Address
- Education Qualification (All qualification including diploma)
Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. (1993)
M.Sc. (Engg.) Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. (1987)
M.Sc. Industrial Chemistry, University of Mysore (1983)
- Research and Development
1. Development of process for producing cellulose acetate molding grade material from low grade pulps. Project cost Rs. 6 lakhs,(1995-1998) Agency: AICTE, New Delhi
2. Establishment of CAD lab for polymer applications. Project cost Rs. 12 lakhs,(2002-04) Agency: AICTE , New Delhi
3. Development of Polyelectrolyte membrane for fuel cell application, Project cost Rs. 4 lakhs, (2007-2009) Agency: AICTE, New Delhi
4. Development of Rapid Prototyping Polymers for Selective Inhibition Sintering of Aero Components, Project Cost Rs. 14.34 lakhs, (2009-2013).Agency: DRDO, New Delhi,
5. Establishing the facility for testing and characterization of polymeric materials, Project cost Rs. 40 Lakh, (2012-2014) Agency: VGST, Bangalore,
- Journals Published
- Conferences Presented
- Research and Development projects Awarded
- Training Programs attended
- Training Programs conducted and coordinated
1. Commonwealth Academic Fellowship, Metallurgy and Material Engineering Department, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom (2002-2003).
2. Government of India DST-SERC Fellowship, Polymer Engineering Division, National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, India (1997-98)
- Number of PhD students awarded so far
- Number of PhD students pursuing
- Research Interests
• Rheological and processibility studies on powder injection molding
• Copolymers and blends of Cellulose acetate
• Polyamide based and Thermoplastic polyurethane based blends
• Polypropylene based and Polycarbonate based blends
• Effect of fiber type, fiber content and coupling agent on properties of natural fiber reinforced polyethylene composites
• Novel polymeric composites from Polyaryl ether ketones for electrical applications.
• Development of adsorptive cum degradative bed columns for the removal of phenols
- List of Publication
1. Shashidhara G. M., Ravindram M. “A kinetic study of the methanation of CO2 over Ni-Al2O3 catalyst” React.Kinet. Catal. Lett. (1988) 37(2) 451-456.DOI 10.1007/BF02062098
2. Shashidhara G. M., Ravindram M. “Methanation of CO2 over Ru- SiO2 catalyst”, React. Kinet. Catal. Lett. (1992) 46(2) 365-372.DOI 10.1007/BF02070959
3. Shashidhara G. M, Ravindram M., Manaschanda. “A simplified kinetic model for oxidative dehydrogenation of ethylbenzene over Pd-NaBr/Al2O3 catalyst” Chemical Engineering Communications(1994) 129(1) 201-215.DOI: 10.1080/00986449408936259
4. Shashidhara G. M, Ravindram M., Manaschanda. “A mechanistic study of oxidative dehydrogenation of ethyl benzene over Pd-NaBr/SiO2 catalyst”, Indian Chem. Engr. Sec-A. (1995) 37(3) 105-112.
5. Shashidhara G. M, Ravindram M., Manaschanda. “Kinetic modeling of oxidative dehydrogenation of ethylbenzene on modified Palladium catalyst”, Indian Chem. Engr. Sec-A. (1996) 38(4), 145-151.
6. Kumar R, Harindra Kumar, Shashidhara G. M. “Correlation between ash content and mechanical properties of natural rubber and EPDM rubber” Indian Chem. Engr. Sec-A. (1999) 41(3) T75-T78.
7. Vinay M.N., Ravishankar S., Girish T.P, Radhakrishnan R., AnanthapadmanabhaG.S., Shashidhara G.M. “Effect of addition of reprocessed nylon 6 with virgin material for roller assembly used in printers” Journal of Applied Polymer Science (2000) 78(10) 1737–1743.DOI: 10.1002/1097-4628(20001205)78:10<1737::AID-APP40>3.0.CO;2-W
8. Sreekanth B P, ShriharshaBhat, Raghavendra D, Ananthapadmanabha G. S., Shashidhara G. M. “Effect of replacement of castor oil and polychloroprene by chlorinated paraffin wax in butyl compounds of tyre-curing bladder”, Polymer International(2000) 49(12) 1684-1692.DOI: 10.1002/1097-0126(200012)
9. Shashidhara G.M.,Guruprasad K.H., Varadarajulu A. “Miscibility studies on blends of cellulose acetate and Nylon 6”, European Polymer Journal (2002) 38(3) 611-614. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0014-3057(01)00215-4
10. Varadarajulu A, Sanjeev Kumar S. V., BabuRao G., Shashidhara G.M., Jiasong He, Jun Zhang. “Tensile Properties of Glass Rovings/Hydroxyl Terminated Polyester Toughened Epoxy Composites”, Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composite (2002)1(17) 1591-1596.doi:10.1177/0731684402021017494
11. K. H. Guruprasad, Shashidhara G. M. “Grafting, blending, and biodegradability of cellulose acetate”, Journal of Applied Polymer Science (2004) 91(3) 1716-1723.DOI: 10.1002/app.13386
12. Shashidhara G.M. and Guruprasad K. H. “Effect of concentrated sulfuric acid and nitroethane on insoluble residues in acetylating medium of cellulose acetate prepared from low grade pulps”, Journal of Applied Polymer Science (2005) 98(4) 1765–1771.DOI: 10.1002/app.22361
13. Shashidhara G. M., DevarajBiswas, B. ShubhalaksmiPai, Ajay Kumar Kadiyala, WasimFeroze G. S., Ganesh M. “Effect of PP-g-MAH compatibilizer content in polypropylene/nylon-6 blends”,Polymer Bulletin (2009) 63(1) 147-157.DOI 10.1007/s00289-009-0074-7
14. Shashidhara G. M., Naveen Kumar K. “Proton Conductivity of SPEEK Membranes”,Polymer-Plastics Technology and Engineering (2010) 49(8) 796-806.DOI: 10.1080/03602551003749601
15. Shashidhara G. M., Pradeepa K. G., RupalikaGoel, Bharath R., ArunDhumalRao, Abhilash R. “Comparative study on the properties of PVC/TPU blends prepared by single screw and twin screw extruders”, Material Science Research Journal (2010) 7(2) 457-466.ISSN 0973-3469
16. Kameshwaridevi S.H., Shashidhara G.M., Ghosh A.K. “Characterization of HDPE/MMT-based Nanocomposites” Composite Interfaces (2010) 17(2-3) 217-222.DOI:10.1163/092764410X490617
17. Shashidhara G.M., Kameshwaridevi S.H. “Studies on PP/SBS blends with and without nanoclay”,Indian Journal of Engineering & Materials Sciences (2011) 18(1) 69-78.ISSN: 0975-1017 (Online); 0971-4588
18. Shashidhara G. M., Shwetha Krishna, SoumyadebGhosh. “Preparation and X-Ray Diffraction Studies ofNanocompositesOf PMMA/PEG Modified Organoclays”, Nano Science and Nano Technology An Indian Journal (2011) 5(1) 63-68.
19. Pattanshetti, V.V., Shashidhara G. M. “Poly Aryl Ether Ketone based Novel nano composites as dielectric material for power equipment” Published in IEEE Conference Publications, 10th International Conference on the Properties and Applications of Dielectric Materials (ICPADM), 24-28 July 2012, Page(s): 1 – 5; ISSN : 2160-9225; Print ISBN: 978-1-4673-2852-4, INSPEC Accession Number: 13057924; Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/ICPADM.2012.6319016
20. Shashidhara G. M., Kameshwari Devi S. H., Preethi S. “Isothermal crystallization behavior of PP and PP-g-GMA copolymer at high under cooling” Polymer Science Series A: Polymer Physics (2013) 55(6) 393-403.DOI 10.1134/S0965545X13060059
21. Shashidhara G. M., Pradeepa K. G. “Preparation and characterization of Polyamide 6 /Liquid natural rubber blends” Journal of Applied Polymer Science (2013) Article first published online: 5 AUG 2013, DOI: 10.1002/app.39750
22. ShashidharaG. M.Kameshwari Devi S. H., Shreyas D.K. “Effect of Thermoplastic Polyurethane content on properties of PC/TPU blend filled with Montmorillonite”, Carbon – Sci. & Tech. (2013) 5/1 218 – 224.
23. Pankaj K Aggarwal, Shakti Chauhan, Raghu N Gowda, SonaliKarmarkar, Shashidhara G. M. Mechanical properties of bio-fibers-reinforced high-density polyethylene composites: effect of coupling agents and bio-fillers Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites (2013) 0731684413500545, first published on August 15, 2013 as doi:10.1177/073168441350054
24. Shashidhara G M and KG Pradeepa Isothermal crystallization of Polyamide 6/Liquid natural rubber blends at high under cooling (2014) Thermochimica Acta 578, 1-9.
25. Shashidhara G. M and Nagendra M. S “Fabrication of SIS RP machine and Optimization of Sintering conditions for selected thermoplastic Polymers” (communicated to International Journal of Additive and Subtractive Materials Manufacturing 29th May 2017).
26. Pradeepa K G and Shashidhara G M “Comparative study on experimental and Kerner model predictions of viscoelastic properties of Polyamide 6/ Polyvinyl alcohol blends” (communicated to Journal of Polymer Engineering 24th Oct 2017).
27. Shashidhara G M and Lakshmi S “Characterized ion of Peroxidase enzyme and detoxification of phenols using Peroxidase enzyme obtained from Zea mays waste“ (communicated to Applied Water Science 30th October 2017).
A chapter titled “Mass transfer in Polymers “ in the book Polymer Processing Technology, Edited by B R Gupta, Asian Books Pvt. Ltd., 2008. PP 6.1-6.23
1. Technical report on Suitability of CPVC pipes in place of MSRL and CSRL pipes for transporting of phosphoric acid and sulfuric acid; Client:M/s Astral Polytechnik Ltd, Bangalore is a company involved in the production of special purpose polymer pipes and fittings under brand name CORZAN, which can be used as alternative to MSRL and CSRL pipes
2. Technical report on Suitability of HDPE liner material used for capping of composted waste; Client: JUSCO/ Mysore City Corporation.
3. Technical report on Suitability of HDPE sheets as bottom liner material for MSW Sanitary landfill; Client: JUSCO/ Mysore City Corporation
4. Technical report on Guidelines for classification of petroleum products and petrochemical products and recommendations to consider MDI, EVA and Polyolas petrochemical products. Client: Veekesy Sandals (India) Pvt. Ltd., Mysore