- Email Address
- Education Qualification (All qualification including diploma)
Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering Science (Field: Lean Manufacturing) VTU Belgaum
M.Tech in Production Engineering IITM, Chennai - 1991
M.E.M SJCE, Mysuru 1988
B.E (Mechanical Engineering) - 1979-1984 - Last 5 Years NSS Batch
- Journals Published
- Conferences Presented
- Training Programs attended
Reviewer for Advanced Manufacturing Technology Journal - IJAMT - Springerlink
- Number of PhD students awarded so far
- Number of PhD students pursuing
- Research Interests
Lean Manufacturing, Agile Manufacturing, TRIZ - Theory of Inventory Problem Solving, SWCT analysis, Organizational Behaiour
- List of Publication
a. International Journal – Papers Published
1. Dr. V.Ramesh and Dr. T.R.Srinivas, “Implementation of Value Stream Mapping for the Manufacture of Machining Center in a Medium Scale Industry”, International Journal of Industrial and Systems Engineering, JISE, The official Publication of Iranian Institute of Industrial Engineering, Volume-2, Number 3, February-2008, Page No. 180-196
2. Dr. V .Ramesh, Dr. T.R.Srinivas, and Dr. K.V. Sreenivasa Prasad “Study on implementation of one-piece lean line design using simulation techniques: A practical approach” Journal of Industrial Engineering International, Islamic Azad University, South Tehran Branch, Jan 2008, Vol-5, No.8, pp 20-36.
3. Dr. V.Ramesh and Dr. T.R.Srinivas, “Implementation of Total Productive Manufacturing Concept with reference to Lean Manufacturing in a Process Industry in Mysore”, ICFAI Journal of Operations Management, Volume-7, Number 4, February-2008, Page No. 45-57
4. Dr. V.Ramesh and Dr. T.R.Srinivas, “Study on Implementation of One Piece Lean Line Design using Simulation Techniques- A Practical Approach”, Journal of Industrial Engineering and International Volume-5, Number 8, January-2009, Page No. 30-36.
5. Dr. V.Ramesh and Dr. T.R.Srinivas, “Simulation Study for Reducing the Total Cost and Cycle Time using the Techniques of Lean Manufacturing- A Case Study”, Indian Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIIE), February-2009, Page No. 14-21.
6. Dr. V.Ramesh and Dr. T.R.Srinivas, “Implementation of a Lean Model for carrying out Value Stream Mapping in a Manufacturing Industry”, International Journal of Industrial Engineering and Technology ISSN 0974-3146 Volume-1, Number 1-2, 2009, , Page No. 99-118. 7. Dr. V.Ramesh and Dr. T.R.Srinivas, “Implementation of Value Stream Mapping to Reduce the Waste in an Organization- A Lean Manufacturing Approach” SIMS Journal of Management, August-2010. 8. Dr.V.Ramesh, Arun Kumar, D.,,“Study on Implementation of Lean Production System in Inner Tube Manufacturing Industry: A Case Study”, International Journal of Innovation in Engineering and Technology, Vol. 5, Issue 2, pp. 87-96, April, 2015. 9. Skanda M.G., Dr. V. Ramesh, D. Arun Kumar “Human error analysis: A case study in a Tyre Tube Polymer Processing Industry”, International Journal of Latest Trends in Engineering and Technology (IJLTET), ISSN: 2278-621X, VOLUME 7 ISSUE 2 - JULY 2016
b. National Journal - Papers Published
1. V. Ramesh, Dr. T.R.Srinivas, and Dr. K.V. Sreenivasa Prasad, “Simulation Study for reducing the Total Cost and Cycle time using the Techniques of Lean Manufacturing- A Case Study”, Indian Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIIE) during June 2008
2. V. Ramesh, Dr. T.R.Srinivas, and Dr. K.V.Sreenivasa Prasad, “Implementation of Total Productive manufacturing concept with reference to Lean Manufacturing in a Processing Industry in Mysore” ICFAI Journal of operations management, 2009
c. International Conference - Papers Presented
1. V. Ramesh Dr. T.R.Srinivas, and Dr. K.V.Sreenivasa Prasad, “Kanban, 5 S housekeeping and value stream mapping in a manufacturing industry” International Conference – CPIE 2007, NITJ, Jalandar, during 22-24th March 2007.
2. V. Ramesh Dr. T.R.Srinivas, and Dr. K.V.Sreenivasa Prasad, “Simulation study and implementation of single piece lean line design for cycle time reduction – A practical approach” International conference ICSTC, National University, Sandiego, USA during 31st March to 3rd April 2008. Page No. 271-283
3. Dr. V .Ramesh, Dr. T.R.Srinivas, and Dr. K.V. Sreenivasa Prasad , “ An analysis for the reduction of rejection using TRIZ problem solving tool to be presented at FAIM 2010, SAN Francisco during June 12, 2010.
4. Skanda M.G., Dr. V. Ramesh, “Taxonomic Approach to Identify Human error in Safety Critical Domains”, National Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering Management (NCETEM -2014) held on 6/11/2014 to 7/11/2014 organized by Department of Industrial Engineering and Management in association with IIIE, IIMM, QCFI & COSPIK
5. Skanda M.G., Dr. V. Ramesh, Symposium Presentation: Human Error – ‘Just Human, Not Just an Error’, Organized by IIT-Gandhinagar and National Frontiers of Engineering. Symposium’s theme: Cognition and Safety’, September, 2014. 6. Skanda M.G., Dr. V. Ramesh, “Safety Implications of Human Machine Conflict: A Discussion on Automation Surprise”, ACCS 2016, 3rd Annual Conference of The Association For Cognitive Science, India held at IIT-Gandhinagar from October 3-5, 2016. 7. Skanda M.G., Dr. V. Ramesh, “Cognitive Failures and Industrial Safety: Influence of Diet and Burnout on Human Performance in Workplace”, International Conference on Recent Trends in “Mechanical, Material, Industrial, Automotive, Aeronautical and Nano-Technology” (MIANT-2016) Organized by KrishiSanskriti at JNU, New Delhi on October 1st, 2016. 8. Dr. V.Ramesh and Dr. Savitha. M. presented the paper titled “Mobile additive manufacturing vehicle” in the Global PACE forum on 28th July 2016 and bagged best paper award in the technical paper presentation in the manufacturing track. This paper was presented by ChethanNaik in the PACE forum and authored by Pradeep Singh & Sachin H L
9. Skanda M.G., Dr. V. Ramesh, “Study on Human Error Management Culture in Medium and Small Scale Manufacturing Setups of Mysore city” Accepted in 8th International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics (AHFE 2017) to be held in Los Angeles, California, USA, July 17-21, 2017.
10. Skanda M.G., Dr. V. Ramesh “Human Performance and Human Error: Understanding the Role of Cognition in Workplace” Accepted in multidisciplinary conference held in Harvard University from May 22nd to May 26th, 2017 conducted by International Journal of Arts and Sciences
d. National Conference – Papers Presented
1. V. Ramesh, Dr. T.R.Srinivas, and Dr. K.V.Sreenivasa Prasad, “Lean Manufacturing Principles in a Typical Processing Organization” National Conference on Recent trends in mechanical Engineering RTME under TEQIP” organized by Department of Mech. Engg. SJCE, Mysore during 27-28 October 2006.
2. V. Ramesh, Dr. T.R.Srinivas and Dr. K.V.Sreenivasa Prasad, “Overview of Value Stream Mapping as a Tool to Lean Manufacturing in a Typical Manufacturing Industry”, National Conference on Recent trends in mechanical Engineering RTME under TEQIP”, organized by Department of Mech. Engg. SJCE, Mysore during 27-28 October 2006