As an ongoing effort to set skilling as a national priority and transform India into a digital talent hub, CISCO, AICTE, and NASSCOM FutureSkills PRIME launched a virtual internship program to provide 20,000 virtual internships in cybersecurity through Cisco Networking Academy program. This unique collaboration between industry and the government will help build a pool of skilled talent significant for future jobs relevant in the industry. You are requested to please request interested students to go ahead and apply for this program at https://internship.aicte-
Details of this program as indicated below:
- 2nd & 3rd year engineering students studying in any engineering institutions which is Cisco Networking Academy can participate in this program. In case you want to become NetAcad, you can do so by clicking on https://www.netacad.com/
- Students will have to complete Introduction to Cyber Security, Introduction to Packet Tracer, and Cyber Security Essentials courses via contacting NetAcad instructor at their institution or via the Cyber Security Internships pathway at FutureSkills PRIME
- Once students complete the courses and submit a certificate of completion at www.virtualinternship.co.in (only approved students will receive a link to create an account in April 2021), they will be invited for a 3-hour industry session hosted by Cisco.
- Post industry session, students will work in guidance of faculty coordinator at their institution for designing a secure network for their institutions on the Packet Tracer Simulation tool.
- Once the project work is finished and submitted, students will have to appear for a final quiz.
- Eligible students will get a virtual internship certificate.
- Please note that this program is run as part of the digital skilling initiative in partnership with NASSCOM and AICTE by FutureSkills Prime. This is NOT to be confused with Cisco India’s Standard Internship Program (managed through Cisco’s careers page)
In case you need any support, you may please contact the concerned NetAcad partner in your region or write back at email@example.com.