Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) is an initiative of Ministry of Education (MoE), Govt. of India to systematically rank all major higher educational institutions and universities in India on indicators related to “Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development” amongst students and faculties.
The assessment of innovation and startup ecosystem in HEIs will be based on Seven parameters with certain weightages allocated as below.
- Budget, Expenses to Support & Revenue Generated (20 Marks).
- Infrastructures & Facilities to Support Innovations and Start-ups (10 Marks).
- Awareness Activities for Promoting Idea Generation and Innovation (20 Marks).
- Promotion and Supporting Entrepreneurship Development (20 Marks).
- Intellectual Property (IP) Generation, Technology Transfer and Commercialization (14 Marks).
- Innovative Learning Methods & Courses (10 Marks).
- Innovations in Governance of the Institution (6 Marks).
ARIIA ranking will certainly inspire Indian institutions to reorient their mind-set and build ecosystems to encourage high quality research, innovation and entrepreneurship. More than quantity, ARIIA will focus on quality of innovations and will try to measure the real impact created by these innovations nationally and internationally. Moreover, ARIIA will set tone and direction for institutions for future development for making them globally competitive and in forefront of innovation .
For more on ARIIA, visit https://www.ariia.gov.in/
Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) is an initiative of Ministry of Education (MoE), Govt. of India to
systematically rank all major higher educational institutions and universities in India on indicators related to “Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development” among the students and faculties.
Major Indicators for consideration are:
- Budget & Funding Support.
- Infrastructure & Facilities.
- Awareness, Promotions & support for Idea Generation & Innovation.
- Promotion & Support for Entrepreneurship Development.
- Innovative Learning Methods & Courses.
- Intellectual Property Generation, Technology Transfer & Commercialization.
- Innovation in Governance of the Institution.
A total of 3551 HEIs had registered and 1438 institutions (including all IITs, NITs, IISc, etc.) participated in ARIIA 2021. Institutions were classified into two major categories namely Technical and Non- technical. The technical category had the following 5 sub-categories:
- CFTIs, Central University, & Institute of National Importance
- State University & Deemed University (Govt. & Govt. Aided)
- Govt. College/Institution (Govt. & Govt. Aided)
- University & Deemed University (Self-Finance/Private)
- Private College/Institute (Self-Finance/Private)
All these submitted applications were subjected to multiple stages of screening, validation evaluation as per the ARIIA framework and guideline developed by the evaluation committee. Top-performing technical and non-technical HEIs were assigned with a rank and band of ‘Outstanding’ and the others are assigned a band of either ‘Excellent’, ‘Performer’, ‘Promising’ or ‘Beginner’.
JSS Science and Technology University has been assigned a band “EXCELLENT” in ARIIA 2021.