The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the year 1963. The department offers one Under graduate and two post graduate programs. B.E. in Mechanical Engineering has an intake of 120 students, M.Tech in Maintenance Engineering and M.Tech in Engineering Management each have an intake of 18 students. The Department offers research programmes leading to M.Sc.(Engg) and Ph.D. The Department has qualified and experienced faculty, 12 with doctoral degrees. Faculty has published more than 250 research articles in the reputed Journals and Conference proceedings. It has collaboration with leading organizations like Partners for the Advancement of Collaborative Engineering Education (PACE), Mercedes Benz and Automotive Axles Pvt. Ltd. Students are encouraged to interact with these organizations for knowledge up-gradation in advanced areas of mechanical engineering. The students of the department have a good placement record.
|BASIC MATERIALS TESTING LABORATORY||
|CAD/CAM LABORATORY||Workstations Softwares
|ENERGY CONVERSION ENGINEERING LABORATORY||
|FIITING SHOP AND POWER TOOL LABORTARY||
|FORGING & SHEET METAL SHOP||
|HEAT AND MASS TRANSFER LABORTARY||
|MACHINE SHOP LABORTARY||
|METROLOGY & MEASUREMENTS LABORTARY||
|WELDING SHOP LABORATORY||
Area = 698 Sq.m
Department of mechanical engineering is committed to prepare graduates, post graduates and research scholars by providing them the best outcome based teaching-learning experience and scholarship enriched with professional ethics.
- Prepare globally acceptable graduates, post graduates and research scholars for their lifelong learning in Mechanical Engineering, Maintenance Engineering and Engineering Management.
- Develop futuristic perspective in Research towards Science, Mechanical Engineering Maintenance Engineering and Engineering Management.
- Establish collaborations with Industrial and Research organizations to form strategic and meaningful partnerships.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: To apply industrial manufacturing design system tools and necessary skills in the field of mechanical engineering in solving problems of the society.
- PEO2: To apply principles of management and managerial concepts to enhance global economic growth.
- PEO3: To apply thermal, fluid and materials engineering concepts in solving problems concerning environmental pollution and fossil fuel depletion and work towards alternatives.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO’s)
- PSO1: Apply modern tools and skills in design and manufacturing to solve real world problems.
- PSO2: Apply managerial concepts and principles of management and drive global economic growth.
- PSO3: Apply thermal, fluid and materials fundamental knowledge and solve problem concerning environmental issues.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
- PO1 Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2 Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3 Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4 Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5 Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6 The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7 Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8 Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9 Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10 Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11 Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12 Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
The process of Continuous Internal Evaluation (CIE) is divided into five events. CIE event 1, 3 and 5 are conducted as tests for 10 marks each. The test papers are designed using the Bloom’s taxonomy where different levels of Graduates Attributes (GAs) are addressed. Event 2 and 4 are generally conducted as quiz, test, seminar, mini project or assignment for 10 marks each. All five events are mapped to five Course Outcomes (COs) identified for a course.
B.E (Mechanical Engineering)
M.Tech. (Maintenance Engineering)
M.Tech. (Master of Engineering Management)
M.Sc. (Engineering) by research
Know your Faculty
|1||Dr. R. Srinidhi, Ph.D.||Professor & Head|
|2||Dr. A.N. Santosh Kumar, Ph.D.||Professor|
|3||Dr. A.N. Hari Rao, Ph.D.||Professor|
|4||Dr. G. Mallesh, Ph.D.||Professor|
|5||Dr. R. Ravishankar, Ph.D.||Associate Professor|
|6||Dr. S. Somashekhar, Ph.D.||Associate Professor|
|7||Mr. S. Rajashekara, M.Tech||Associate Professor|
|8||Dr. T. Manjunatha, Ph.D.||Associate Professor|
|9||Mr. P. Prasad, M.Tech||Associate Professor|
|10||Mr. V. Basavaraj, M.Tech||Associate Professor|
|11||Dr. H. Yogesh, Ph.D.||Associate Professor|
|12||Dr. Rudramurthy, Ph.D.||Assistant Professor|
|13||Dr. Mahesh V M, Ph.D.||Assistant Professor|
|14||Mr. N.S. Kumaraswamy, M.E||Assistant Professor|
|15||Mr. Y.C. Arun, M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|16||Mr. Abhinandan M S, M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|17||Mrs. Thejaswini M N, M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|18||Mrs. Bindhu A S, M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|19||Ms. Bhavana U, M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|20||Mr. Karthik M S, M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|21||Mr. Pradeep Kumar V G, M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|22||Dr. M.S. Prabhuswamy, Ph.D.||Visiting Professor|
|23||Mr. Kumar M, M.Tech||Visiting Faculty|
|24||Mr. Vasantha Kumar H,M.Tech||Visiting Faculty|
|25||Mrs. Rekha S N, M.Tech||Visiting Faculty|
|26||Mr. Madhukumar K C, M.Tech||Visiting Faculty|
|27||Mrs. Neetha K, M.Tech||Visiting Faculty|
|28||Mr. Santosh C, M.Tech||Visiting Faculty|
|V A Krishnappa||BSc||Office Superintendent||9035645676 email@example.com|
|Shivakumar. A||7th Standard||Helper||9620324434|
|Kumar M||DME, BE, M.Tech||Asst. Instructor||9886784832 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Manisha N||DME(MTT)||Asst. Instructor||9449855832 email@example.com|
|Ashok Pattar||ITI||Mechanic||9844521891 Ashokpattar752@gmail.com|
|Manjunath. N||ITI||Asst. Instructor||9611462983 Mmmanjuashu793@gmail.com|
|Narasimha||ITI NCVT||Asst. Instructor||9481100255 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rajesh.S||SSLC, PUC||Helper||9886254405 Rajeshmysore68@gmail.com|
|Nagesh G S||ITI||Helper||8971782947|
|Shivakumara.B||ITI, MA, M L I S C, B.Ed.||Helper||9901611396 email@example.com|
Curriculum & Timetable
|2010-14||LOKESH H G|
|2014-18||DARSHAN VIJAYAKUMAR BHANDARI|
- D.N.Manik, Professor, IITB -1982
- Jambaradi Mahesh Kumar – CTO, Excel Soft -1984
- LohithUrs – International Rallyist
- Prasanna B – Director – Mercedes Benz – R&D, Bengaluru – 1993
- P.Baligar –Director – Toyota Kirloskar Motor Limited, Bengaluru
- Suresh Babu – Vice President, BOSCH
- S.NanjundaSwamy –Dy.GM – BEML, Mysuru
- Naresh V Murthy – Director – Babcock & Wilcox, USA
- H.P. Ram Mohan – Executive Director/Outstanding Scientist, Directorate of Engineering Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited, Mumbai – 1984 Batch.
- Arun Kumar Kembhavi, IAS, Joint Secretary to Chief Minister of Meghalaya, Shillong.
- Two week, ISTE sponsored Workshop on Engineering Thermodynamics, at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, SJCE, Mysore, conducted by IIT, Bombay, under the National Mission on Education through ICT (MHRD), 11th – 21st December 2012.
- More than 60 Weeks of training programme on CAD covering Drafting, Solid Modeling and Surface Modeling techniques has been conducted for professionals, engineers and Students.
- Conducted training programme on CATIA during 3rd March 2008 –17th April 2008.
- Conducted training programme on CATIA during10th October to 21st November 2008.
- Workshop on Robotics conducted by Think LABS SINE IIT- Bombay, during 23rd -24th October 2009 at SJCE, Mysore.
- Conducted training programme on CATIA during22nd July 2010–19th August 2010
- Conducted Four weeks training programme on CATIA during 17th August 2011 –07th September 2011.
- Conducted Three weeks training programme on CATIA during 06th August 2012 –25th August 2012.
- Conducted Three weeks training programme on CATIA during 06th August 2012 –25th August 2012.
- Conducted Three weeks training programme on UG NX during 01st August 2013 –22nd August 2013.
- Conducted Four weeks training programme on CATIA during 17th September to 12th November 2014.
- Conducted Three weeks training programme on CATIA during 28th August to 20th September 2015.
- A two week MHRD sponsored GIAN Programme on “Application of FEM in Design and Development of Mechanical Components” was conducted between 16th and 27th July 2018 with Dr. Shuting Li as the subject expert from Tokyo, Japan and Dr. G.Mallesh as the Faculty Co-ordinator.
|Sl. No.||Journal title|
|1||Prabhuswamy M S, Niranjan Kumar, Mohanakumara K C, Harsha D N, “ Study on Production Of Bio Fertiliser from Bio Fuel waste” International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology ( IRJET) , Volume: 03 Issue-5, May 2016 (IF:4.45).|
|2||Prabhuswamy M S, Jayashankar N, “QFD-Universal Tool: A Review” International journal for research in emerging Science and Technology, Volume 3, Issue-7, July 2016 (IF:2.173).|
|3||Prabhuswamy M S, Vikas B M, “ Breakdown Analysis and Performance Improvement of Powder Packing Machine” International journal of recent trends in engineering and Research, volume-2, Isssue-7, July 2016, (IF: 3.344).|
|4||Dr G Mallesh, Dr. D. Ramegowda and Chandranath.M, One Step Formability Analysis of Fuel Filter Bracket using Siemens NX. “International Journal of Trend in Research and Development, Volume 3(4), ISSN: 2394-9333 August -2016.|
|5||Dr G Mallesh, Dr. D. Ramegowda and Chandranath.M, Designing of Punch and Die for Blanking, Forming and Bending Press Tools to Manufacture Fuel Filter Bracket Component Using Finite Element Method. “International Journal of Trend in Research and Development, Volume 3(4), ISSN: 2394-9333 August -2016.|
|6||Yogesh M, Hari Rao A N, “SOLID PARTICLE EROSION RESPONSE OF FIBER AND PARTICULATE FILLED POLYMER BASED HYBRID COMPOSITES: A REVIEW”, Int. Journal of Engineering Research and Applications ISSN: 2248-9622, Vol. 6, Issue 1, (Part – 4) January 2016, pp.25-39.|
|7||Sathish Kumar N and Dr. H.Yogish, “Preventive Maintenance and Breakdown Reduction of Critical Machines” International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), e-ISSN:2395 – 0056, p-ISSN:2395-0072, Vol.3, Issue 6, pp 1 – 7, June 2016.|
|8||Naveen K J and Dr.H.Yogish, “Preventive Maintenance and Root Cause Analysis of Soham Pretreatment Washing Machine in Axle Assembly Line” International Journal of Recent Trends in Engineering and Research (IJRTER), ISSN:2455-1457, Vol.2, Issue 7, pp 373 – 377, July 2016.|
|Sl. No.||Journal title|
|1||Yogesh M, Hari Rao A N, “Manufacturing Process of Polymer Matrix Composites with different description process”, International Journal of innovovotive research in Science, engineering and Technology (IJI RSET) ISSN (Online):2319-8753 Volume 6, special issue 15, December 2017. Pp 46-55.|
|2||Dr. G. Mallesh, Mr.Manjunatha H.S “Investigations on Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of TiB2 Reinforced Aluminum Matrix Composites.” International Journal of Engineering Sciences &Management, ICAM, ISSN 2277 – 5528 March 2017.|
|3||Dr. G. Mallesh, Mr.Paramesha M, Mr.Pradeep kumar V G “Optimization Studies on Tribological Characteristics of CSP and GGBS Filled Glass – Epoxy Composites.” Global Journal of Engineering Science and Researches, ICAMS, ISSN 2348 – 8034, March 2017.|
|4||Dr. G. Mallesh, Mr. Pradeep Kumar V G “Mechanical Characterization of CSP and GGBS Filled Glass – Epoxy Composites” Global Journal of Engineering Science and Researches, ICAMS, ISSN 2348 – 8034, March 2017.|
|5||Dr. G. Mallesh, Mr. Suresh Kumar. S “Effect of Shot Peening on Mechanical and Wear Properties of AISI1018 and AISI 304 Steel by using Wheel Blast Shot Peening Machine.” International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Management Research ICAMS-2017. ISSN 2349-6193, March 2017.|
|6||Rudramurthy, Dr. K.Chandrashekara, Dr. G. Mallesh “Development of Asbestos Free Brake Friction Materials for Automotive Application.” International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Management Research ICAMS-2017. ISSN 2349-6193, March 2017.|
|7||S.R.Tilak, Dr.K.Chandrashekara and H.Yogish, “Evaluation of Performance And Emission Characteristics Of Biodiesel Derived from Diary Scum oil on a Computerized C.I Engine” International Journal of Emerging Trends in Engineering and Development (IJETED), ISSN 2249-6149, Vol.1, Issue 7, pp 119 – 128, January 2017.|
|8||Vedavalli. V, Shivakumar B.P and Dr.Yogish H, “ A Review on Production, Performance and Exhaust Emission of Various Non-edible oil Biodiesel”, International Journal for Science and Advance Research in Technology (IJSART), ISSN: 2395-1052, Vol.3, Issue 5, pp 609 – 615, May 2017.|
|9||Pawan A C and Dr. H.Yogish, “Break down Analysis of Vertical Machining Center (VMC 900) in Axle Housing Line by Root Cause Analysis” International Journal of Recent Trends in Engineering and Research, ISSN: 2455 – 1457, Vol.3, Issue 6, pp 56 – 62, June 2017.|
|10||Ravi K.S. and Santosh Kumar A. N., “A study of Association between Financial Performance and Size of small & Medium scale Industries in Mysuru and Bengaluru Region”, International Journal of Engineering and Management Research, ISSN No.: 2394-6962 Vol. 7, Issue 1, February 2017, pp. 269–271.|
|11||Ravi K.S. and Santosh Kumar A. N., “A study of Welfare Practices in Small and Medium Sized Enterprises in Mysore and Bangalore Region”, International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Research , online ISSN No.:2349-9745 , Volume 4, Issue 2, February 2017, pp. 81–84.|
|12||Ravishankar S Ulle and Santosh Kumar A. N., “Strategic Implications of ISO Certification and Quality Awards on Organizational Excellence in Indian Manufacturing Sector-A Review”, International Journal of Science and Research, ISSN: 2319-7064, Vol. 6, Issue 2, February 2017, pp. 848–852.|
|13||Ravishankar S Ulle and Santosh Kumar A. N., “Understanding Obstacles to Change Towards Continuous Improvement Programs in Manufacturing Sector”, International Journal of Science and Research, ISSN: 2319-7064, Vol. 6, Issue 2, February 2017, pp. 1083–1087.|
|14||Rudramurthy, Dr. K.Chandrashekara, Dr. G. Mallesh “Development of Asbestos Free Brake Friction Materials for Automotive Application” International Journal of Engineering Sciences and Management Research (IJESMR), (ICAMS: March 2017), pp 1-10, 2017.|
|15||S. Prabhuswamy and Hina Ruqsar “Overview of operation and maintenance of 1350 optical management system Published in International Journal on recent and innovation trends in computing and communication, IISN 2321-8169, July 2017.|
|Sl. No.||Journal title|
|1||Yogesh M, Hari Rao A N, “Erosion wear response of pineapple leaf fiber (PALF) reinforced venylester composites filled with Redmud: an aluminium plant waste” International Journal of Engineering Development and research, (IJDER) ISSN (Online):2321-9939 Volume 6, issue 1, March 2018. Pp 734-746.|
|2||Yogesh M, Girish M N, Hari Rao A N, and Srinidhi R, “Application of pineapple leaf fiber reinforced venylester based hybrid composite in acoustic barrier”, International Journal of innovative research in technology, (IJIRT) ISSN (Online):2349-6002 Volume 5, issue 6, November 2018. Pp.1-6.|
|3||Bhavana Umanath and A.N. Santosh Kumar “Enterprise Risk Management in Small And Medium Enterprises — A Review.” International Journal of Business and Administration Research Review (IJBARR) E- ISSN -2347-856X ISSN -2348-0653, Vol.3, Issue.21, Jan-March 2018.|
|4||Uthappa M M and A.N. Santosh Kumar “The Influence of Technological factors governing Project Team Motivation in Electronics Manufacturing Services Organizations – A Review” International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research Review (IJMDRR). ISSN -2395-1885, Vol 1, Issue 38, April 2018, pp. 6-9.|
|5||Tilak. S. R, K. Chandrashekara, H. Yogish & A. M. Mahesha, “Investigation of Effect of Injection Pressure on Performance and Emission Characteristics of Composite Oil Biodiesel on DI CI Engine” International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering Research and Development (IJMPERD), ISSN(P): 2249-6890; ISSN(E): 2249-8001, Vol.8, Issue 1, pp-1287-1298, Feb 2018.|
|6||Md Nadeem, K Chandrashekara, Hemanth B &Yogish H, “Effect of MWCNT and other fillers on Mechanical properties of Epoxy Based Hybrid Composites for Elevated Temperature Application” International Journal of Innovative Research In Technology, ISSN: 2349-6002, Vol.4, Issue 10, pp 22-26, March 2018.|
|7||Suman H R, Dr. H. Yogish & Dr. Rangaswamy, “Preventive Maintenance of Utility Equipments at MANMUL, Gejjalagere, Mandya” International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), e-ISSN: 2395-0056, p-ISSN: 2395-0072, Vol.8, Issue 05, Aug 2018.|
|8||Dayananda Murthy T, Dr. H. Yogish & Dr. Rangaswamy, “Preventive Maintenance and Root Cause Analysis of Sealed Quench Furnace in Axle Heat Treatment Line”, e-ISSN: 2395-0056, p-ISSN: 2395-0072, Vol. 05, Issue 08, August 2018.|
|9||Tilak.S.R, K.Chandrashekara, H.Yogish & S.V.Channapattana, “ Experimental investigation on dairy scum biodiesel on CI DI Engine Performance and pollutant Characteristics at different injection pressures”, International Journal for Research in Engineering Application & Management (IJREAM), ISSN : 2454-9150, Vol. 04, Issue 07, October 2018.|
|10||Ravi K S and Santosh Kumar A N, “A study of Formal Adoption of Human Resource Management Practices and Size of Small and Medium Sized Enterprises with Special reference to Bengaluru and Mysuru Regions”, International Journal of Engineering and Science, ISSN: 2278- 4721, January 2018, Vol. 8, Issue 1, pp 10-13.|
|11||Vinay K B and Santosh Kumar A N, “E-Learning Initiatives in Technical Education: India’s Perspective”, International Refereed Journal of Engineering and Science, ISSN: 2319- 183X, Feb 2018, Vol. 7, Issue 2, pp 12-15.|
|12||B Harshavardhan, R Ravishankar, B Suresha and S Srinivas “Static and dynamic mechanical performance of carbon fiber reinforced polyethersulfone composites” Applied mechanics and Materials (accepted), 2018|
|13||Mahesh.V.M et al., “Review on Recent Advancements in the Field of Reinforced Epoxy Nano Composits”, International Journal Of Trend In Scientific Research And Development, ISSN No.: 2456 -6470,Vol.-2, Issue -6, Sep-Oct 2018|
|14||Mahesh.V.M et al., “Mechanical Characterization of Fiber Reinforced Glass Epoxy Hybrid Composite”, International Journal of Engineering Research in Mechanical and Civil Engineering, Vol 3, Issue 2,February 2018|
|15||Bharathi Dharmanna Nail, Pavankumar Hugar and S Prabhuswamy, “Design and Implementation of PLC Based System to Generate History Card for Ta Shop”, International Journal of Advances in Scientific Research and Engineering (IJASRE), E-ISSN: 2454-8006, Vol 4 Issue 8, Aug 2018.|