- The inception of Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CS&E) was one among the first to be established in the State of Karnataka in the year 1982.
- Our mission is to create ideas that deepen and advance our understanding of the realm of Computer Science and Engineering and with those ideas to develop innovative, principled, and insightful leaders who change the world.
- Classes are conducted on a full-time and on part time basis in an intimate-scale environment, and take full advantage of the assets provided by JSS Science and Technology and its surrounding communities.
- The department is actively involved in International collaborative research and also in sponsored research projects through various funding agencies:
- Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
- University Grant Commission (UGC)
- Department of Science and Technology (DST)
Seek to become a universally well known academic centre for teaching, learning, research and innovation in the field of Computer Science & Engineering
- Impart quality education with an emphasis on basic principles of Computer Science and Engineering.
- Inculcate advancements in curriculum and pedagogy to enhance teaching and learning process.
- Foster research and collaboration with premier institutions and industries.
- Promote innovation and entrepreneurship for the betterment of society.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: Excel in professional career across industries and institutes that emphasizes on Innovation and problem solving.
- PEO2: Collaborate successfully with peers, colleagues and organizations.
- PEO3: Work as ethical and responsible members of the computing profession and society.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- PSO-1: Problem-Solving Skills: Ability to apply standard practices and mathematical methodologies to solve computational tasks, model real world problems in the areas of database systems, system software, web technologies and Networking solutions with an appropriate knowledge of Data structures and Algorithms
- PSO-2: Knowledge of Computer Systems: An understanding of the structure and working of the computer systems with performance study of various computing architectures
- PSO-3: Successful Career and Entrepreneurship: The ability to get acquaintance with the state of the art software technologies leading to entrepreneurship and higher studies.
- PSO-4: Computing and Research Ability: Ability to use knowledge in various domains to identify research gaps and to provide solution to new ideas leading to innovations.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs) Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- Dr. B.G.Prasad , Professor, BMS College, Bangalore
- C. Chandra Sekhar, Professor, IIT Madras, Chennai
- Lawrence Mohanraj, IBM India, Bangalore
- K. Kesavasamy, TCS, Bangalore
|Sl. No.||Category||Designation||Name of the Person|
|1||The Dean(s) of the Faculties||Ex-Officio Member||Dr. T.N. Nagabushan, Principal|
|2||Head of the Dept.||Chairperson||1.||Dr. H. C. Vijayalakshmi|
|3||All Professors of the Department||Members||2||Dr. M. P Pushpalatha|
|4||Two Senior Associate Professors of the concerned Department by rotation||Members||1|| Dr. Anil Kumar K.M
|2||Dr. M.A. Anusuya
|5||One Senior Assistant Professor of the concerned Department by rotation||Member||1||Dr. S. Srinath|
|1||Dr. Ananthanarayana V.S.
Dept. Of Information Technology
Phone: 91-824-2473550, 91-824-247067.
|One External subject expert from any reputed Academic/Research Institutions/other Universities nominated by the Vice Chancellor upon recommendation by the Dean of respective faculty.||Member||1||Prof. Chandrashekar
Dept. of CS&E,
|8||Two external members from concerned industry/ Government Departments/ Public Sector undertakings/ allied area relating to placement, nominated by the Academic Council upon recommendation by the Dean of respective faculty.||Members||1|| Ms. RuchiraKamdar
Manager, Software Executive Briefing Center,
|2||Mr. Sundar K.S
Associate Vice President ETA,
Infosys Pvt. Ltd.
|9||One postgraduate meritorious alumnus, to be nominated by the Head of the Department.
|Member||1||Dr. Ramakanth Kumar,
Professor & Academic Dean,
RV college of Engineering,
DOS in Computer Science,
University of Mysore,
|1||Dr. Guru R
|Dr. Manimala S
|SI. No||Semester and section||Faculties|
|1.||1st semster||Dr. M P Pushpalatha M P(P)||Dr. S Srinath(A)||Dr. M A Anusuya(B)||Prof. R Guru(C)||Dr. T D Roopamala(D)|
|2.||3rd semester||Dr. T D Roopamala||Prof. Madhusudan G(A)||Prof. Varsha V(B)||Dr. M A Anusuya(C)|
|3.||5th semster||Prof. P M Shivamurthy(A)||Prof. A M Chandrashekar(B)|
|4.||7th semster||Dr. B T Prasanna(A)||Prof. M B Vijay(B)|
|5.||M.Tech(CE)||Dr. H C Vijayalakshmi|
BE ( Computer Science and Engineering )
M. Tech ( Computer Engineering )
Know your Faculty
|1||Dr.Pushpalatha M P||Professor & Head|
|2||Dr. Vijayalakshmi H C||Associate Professor|
|3||Dr. Guru R||Assistant Professor|
|4||Brunda S||Assistant Professor|
|5||Manjula S||Assistant Professor|
|6||Divakara N||Assistant Professor|
|7||Dr. Srinath S||Associate Professor|
|8||Srinivasa T||Assistant Professor|
|9||Dr. Anilkumar K M||Associate Professor|
|10||Dr. Anusuya M A||Associate Professor|
|11||Chandrashekar A M||Assistant Professor|
|12||Sheela N||Assistant Professor|
|13||Dr. Manimala S||Assistant Professor|
|14||Dr. Trisila Devi C Nagavi||Assistant Professor|
|15||Dr. Mahesha P||Assistant Professor|
|16||Vani Ashok||Assistant Professor|
|17||Madhusudhan G||Assistant Professor|
|18||Mahesh K S||Assistant Professor|
|19||Vijay M B||Assistant Professor|
|20||Shiva Murthy P M||Assistant Professor|
|21||Nandeesh H D||Assistant Professor|
|22||Dr. Prasanna B T||Associate Professor|
|23||Shalini K C||Assistant Professor|
|24||Ashritha R Murthy||Assistant Professor|
|25||Bindiya A R||Assistant Professor|
|26||Varsha V||Assistant Professor|
|27||Shruthi N M||Assistant Professor|
|28||Swetha P M||Assistant Professor|
|29||Parashiva Murthy B M||Assistant Professor|
Curriculum & Timetable
Department faculties are executing projects sponsored by many prestigious R&D organizations around the country.
|Name of the Project||Sponsoring Agency|
|Symbolic Clustering of Satellite data for Forest Inventory 3 years||INDO-FRENCH|
|Dimensionality Reduction and Colour Composite Imaging||DRDO, New Delhi|
|Parallel Algorithms for Vision Applications||AICTE|
|Plan scheme for R&D Proj-Speech analysis & Synthesis||MHRD|
|R&D-Proj-parallel Algorithm for vision Applications||AICTE|
|Training Management Consultancy, World Bank Assisted, Government of Karnataka, Rural Water Supply & Sanitation Agency||World Bank, Through Government of Karnataka|
|Real Time Facial Recognition system||UGC|
|Clustring large text data||AICTE|
|Sentiment lexicon for effective mining of users opinion on products from web||AICTE|
|Smarter Planet-Sentiment analysis from Regional Web documents||IBM|
|Investigation and Development of Robust algorithms for recognizing and analyzing printed and hand embossed Kannada Braille characters: Novel approaches||VTU RESEARCH GRANTS SCHEME|
- Anil Kumar K M received a Grant of Rupees 8, 16, 00,000.00 from Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), India for course on “Advanced Course on Biomedical Signal Processing” under GIAN, 2017.
- Anil Kumar K. M. Received a Grant of Rupees 8, 16, 00,000.00 from Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), India for course on “Natural Language Processing and Text Analytics” under GIAN, 2017.
FOSS CAMP 2018 (29th October to 3rd November)
Linux Campus Club conducted an event on Free and Open Source Software event called FOSS CAMP
Chief Guest: Mr. Satish G, AVP and delivery head, INFOSYS LIMITED and Mr. Dipanjan Sarkar a data scientist at Intel Corporation, Author, Consultant and Trainer and also a mentor at Springboard.
- Android App Competition: An App building Competition where Students in a team of 4 build an App within five days.
- Code Wars: An intensive coding competition where students participate in a team of two and face various challenges like blind coding and Distractive coding.
- Vivechan: A mock placement event in collaboration with SJCE placement cell. An event which mimic the actual placement procedure.
- Track Back: Coding competition to test logical thinking of participants by giving the binary code using which logic can be deciphered.
- A new student forum called “SPARSH – A Sense of Emerging Technologies” has been launched.The activities of the forum includes promoting awareness on emerging technologies, arranges Industrial trips, publishes a bi-monthly magazine and newsletter, organizes technical sessions and workshops, technical fest, ted talks and encourages entrepreneurship.
- Sparsh is a techno cultural club of JSS S&TU. The sole objective of Sprash is to inspire the students by giving them an insight into the lives of renowned personalities. We invite distinguished people who have excelled in their fields, be it art, music, engineering, science etc., to our college, giving the students a golden opportunity to meet their role models.
- This year the annual Sparsh Recruitment Drive was held on 8 September 2018, at the CS Lobby from 2 pm to 6 pm, to recruit people to fill up the positions of final year students. This commenced the first round of the recruitment drive. The second round was conducted the next day and the participants who were selected for the next round were interviewed individually by the entire Sparsh Team. Close to 30 people were recruited after these 2 rounds.
|2012||VARUN B PATIL||JAYAPALRADDI V ALAVANDI|
|2013||HARSHITA P||RASHMI C|
|2014||RAJASIMHA N||ROHIT R PRABHU|
|2015||SACHIN M S||AKHILA|
|2016||SANTOSH KUMAR REDDY N P||HUDA MIRZA SAIFUDDIN
|CHAITRA K V|
|2018||DIVYA D KULKARNI||MANASAMITHRA K|
- Raghu Hudli – corporate trainer in CORBA.
- Santhosh B M – Indian Administrative Service (IAS) as trainee officer.
- Thrinethra K R – secured 515 Rankin UPSC 2016 Civil service Examination.
- Vinay G M – Assistant Commissioner of Central Taxes.
- P. Nagabhushan – Director, Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad.
- Trisila Devi N – Real Time Text to Speech Conversion and Translation System, Project Idea Presented at IEEE Assistive Technology Hackathon, organized by Department of Electronics, All India Institute of Speech and Hearing (AIISH) Mysore in Collaboration with IEEE India Special Interest Group on Communications Disability on 24th Sept 2016. The project idea had won the IEEE Assistive Technology Hackathon and it was awarded the IEEE certificate of appreciation after completion on 24th June 2017
- Prasanna B. T. was awarded PhD in 2017.
- M. P. Pushpalatha – Project Submitted to KSCST 41st Series titled A predictive maintenance tool/app for energy conservation in smart Hospitals using machine learning techniques, and selected for State Level Seminar and Exhibition of SPP projects at Bapuji Institute of Engineering and Technology on 10th and 11th August 2018.
- Prof Manimaala M was awarded PhD in 2018.
- Prof Trisila Devi N was awarded PhD in 2018.
- Prof P. Mahesh was awarded PhD in 2018
- GIAN Program on “Algorithms for Robot Autonomy” from 23rd May 2016, organized by Dr. Srinath S.
- Anil Kumar M organized One Day programme on “Google Apps for Education” on 19-3-2016 for staff and students.
- Anil Kumar M conducted One Day programme on “Unified communications with Cloud” on 29th March 2016 for staff and students.
- Anil Kumar M conducted 10 day GIAN course on “Tools and Techniques in Big Data Computing for Diverse Applications” from 27.12.2016 – 06.01.2017.
- Anil Kumar M organized 10 day finishing school programme on “Advanced Java & XML” from 29th February -15 March 2016 for CS &E and IS&E students.
- H C Vijayalakshmi organized a two-day workshop “Undergraduate Project/Research Orientation: Importance, Benefits and Challenges by Infosys, Mysore” from 18th and 19th of October 2016.
- Anusuya M orgnasided a pre-conference tutorial on “Voice Biometrics” in CCIP 2016 on 11th August at SJCE,Mysore,2016.
- Anusuya M organised a technical talk on “Cloud Computing – How to port an application between clouds and its Challenges” on 5-4-2016 at SJCE, for VIII,VII and M.Tech. students of CS department.
- Anusuya M A organized a GIAN Program on “Interactive Machine Translation” from 19 Dec 2017 to 30 Dec 2017.
- Anil Kumar M conducted a Three Day Workshop on “Problem Solving and Learn to Code” from 06.01.2017 to 08.01.2017.
- Anil Kumar M conducted 10 day GIAN course on “Biomedical Signal Processing” from 2.1.2017 – 13.01.2017.
- Industrial visit: Prof. P M Shivamurthy, Smart Living Opportunities and Challenges in TCS, Bangalore. Dated: 10.02.2017
- Prasanna B. T. organized TEQIP III Sponsored 5 days’ Workshop on “Computer Networks and Cyber Security” from 16-July-2018 to 20-July-2018.
- P M Shivamurthy organized a GIAN program on “Radiomics, Pathomics, Deep learning for disease diagnosis, prognosis and treatment evaluation on digital pathology, CT and MRI scans” from 26th December 2017 – 30th December 2017.
- Anil Kumar M conducted One Day FDP on “Cyber Security and IoT” in collaboration with TCS on 10.3.2018
- Anil Kumar M conducted Two Day FDP on “Data Science and Big Data Analytics” on 23.4.2018 and 24.4.2018