- • To effectively communicate construction engineering challenges, concepts along with managerial techniques.
- • To provide quality education by promoting high standards of professional ethics through transparency.
- • Educating students professionally by promoting creativity, innovation and encouraging team work.
- • To enhance technical know-how by means of industry interaction and exposure to latest trends in the field of construction technology and management.
|PEO1||Graduate Engineers will be proficient in engineering and construction management skills along with Entrepreneurial attributes.|
|PEO2||Graduate Engineers will excel in advanced education, interdisciplinary approach and innovative thoughts.|
|PEO3||Graduate Engineers will possess good communication skills, leadership qualities and practice efficient team work.|
|PEO4||Graduate Engineers will recognize social needs and contribute effectively through self learning.|
|PSO1||Are proficient in the fundamentals of basic engineering science and innovative studies in the context of Construction Technology and management.|
|PSO2||Gained a deeper understanding of the issues in construction industry and means of developing safe, sustainable, economical and environmentally sound solutions to civil engineering problems either within the profession or through advanced education.|
|PSO3||They have the ability to design modern engineering and management systems, to work on multidisciplinary teams and to communicate by written and graphical means.|
|PSO4||Understanding the requirements and serving the needs to society and profession.|
|PO1||Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems – (Engineering Knowledge)|
|PO2||Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences – (Problem analysis)|
|PO3||Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations – (Design/development of solutions)|
|PO4||Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions – (Conduct investigation of complex problems)|
|PO5||Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations – (Modern tool usage)|
|PO6||Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice – (The engineer and society)|
|PO7||Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development – (Environment and sustainability)|
|PO8||Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice – (Ethics)|
|PO9||Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings – (Individual and team work)|
|PO10||Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions – (Communication)|
|PO11||Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments – (Project management and finance)|
|PO12||Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change – (Life-long learning)|
Under Graduate: B.E.in Construction Technology & Mangement (4 years, 8 semesters)
Post Graduate: M.Tech. in Infrastructure Engineering and Management (2 Years, 4 semesters)
Research Programmes: M.Sc. (Engineering) by research and Doctoral Program
Know your Faculty
|1||Dr. G.P. Chandradhara||Professor & Head|
|2||Dr. P. S. Raghuprasad||Associate Professor|
|3||Dr. D. B. Nirmala||Assistant Professor|
|4||Mr. M. S. Sunil Kumar||Assistant Professor|
|5||Mr. H. P. Thanu||Assistant Professor|
|6||Mr. K. Dharshan||Assistant Professor|
|7||Mr. H. N. Rajendra Prasad||Assistant Professor|
|8||Mr. P. V. Prashanath||Assistant Professor|
|9||Mr. H. G. Vivek Prasad||Assistant Professor|
|10||Ms. Pushpa K||Assistant Professor|
Curriculum & Timetable
- The work titled “Evaluation of FRP Composites as Truss Members of Walkway Bridges as an Alternative for Steel” has received sponsorship from Indavara Engineering Co Pvt Ltd.
|Sl No||USN||Student Name||Year|
|6.||4JC12CT005||ARCHANA S BAVIKATTI||2016|
|8.||4JC14CT017||KANYA KUMARI H G||2018|
- G. P. Chandradhara was awarded the best Structural engineer by ACCE (I) Mysore center and Ultratech Ltd. for the design of outstanding structure in Chamrajnagar District on December.
- Pushpa K work titled “Simplified Pseudo-static analysis of Earthquake induced landslides” was awarded Best paper at International Conference on Advanced Materials and Technology (ICMAT-2016), organized by SJCE, Mysuru, 26th to 28th May, 2016.
- G. P. Chandradhara was awarded the best Structural engineer byACCE(I) Mysore center and Ultra-tech Ltd. for the design of outstanding structure in Mysore District on December.
- B. Nirmala was awarded Ph.D. degree by VTU, Belagavi for research under the guidance of Dr. S. Raviraj on “An Investigation on Self Compacting Concrete using Foundry Sand” on July.
- G. P. Chandradhara has been requested to involve as structural Engineer for “Technical and Export Committee for Conservation of Arts and Artefacts” of Mysuru Palace, Mysuru.
- G. P. Chandradhara coordinated in organizing a one day Industry Outreach Program (IOP) to the students of Construction Technology & Management and Civil Engineering in SJCE campus on 13thMarch2018.
- P. S. Raghuprasad coordinated in organizing a special lecture on “Construction Equipment Management” by Prof.RaghavendraHolla, MIT, Manipal,as part of academic activities on 19thMarch2018.
- S. Sunil Kumar and Pushpa K. coordinated in organising a National level technical symposium TANTRAGYAAN-2018 on 09th and 10thApril 2018.
- G. P. Chandradhara coordinated in organizing a special Lecture on “Building Information Modelling” (BIM) by Mr.Chethan V, Assistant Manager, Project Control, L&T, Middle East as part of academy institute interactions on 17thApril 2018.
- P. S. Raghuprasad and Dharskan K. coordinated in organizing a GIAN Course on “Multiscale Modelling of Heterogeneous Structures” by Prof.Vinu U Unnikrishnan, University of Alabama, USAfrom 4th to 16thJune2018.
- P. S. Raghuprasad and Dharskan K. coordinated in organizing a special lecture on “Recent Advances in the Development at Biofidelic soft tissue surrogates” byProf.Vinu U Unnikrishnan, University of Alabama, USA, on 14thJune2018.
- S. Neelamani, Senior Research Scientist, Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research, Safat, Kuwait
- S. Raghunath, Professor, Dept. of Civil Engg., BMSCE, Bengaluru
- K. V. Vijayendra, Professor, Dept. of Civil Engg., BIT, Bengaluru.
- Vaishak S R, Chandradhara G P (2016). Optimum Cross Section Of Box Girder Bridge – an Fem Approach, Indian Journal of Advances in Chemical Science, Special Issue on Advanced Materials and Testing.
- Vikram M. B., Chandradhara G P (2016). Behavior Of Windward And Leeward Columns With Aspect Ratio And Height Of The Building, Indian Journal of Advances in Chemical Science, Special Issue on Advanced Materials and Testing.
- Raghavendra Prasad M. D., Syed Shakeeb Ur Rahman and Chandradhara G. P. (2016). Non-Linear Behaviour of RC Infilled Frames Using Atena 2D, Indian Journal of Advances in Chemical Science, Special Issue on Advanced Materials and Testing.
- Nirmala D.B. and Raviraj S (2016). Experimental study on optimal self compacting concrete with spent foundry sand as partial replacement for M-sand using taguchi approach, SSP- Journal of civil engineering, Vol.11, Issue 1, 2016. PP.119-130.
- Prajwal K, TrashaMaan, Nirmala D.B. Prashanth V. P. (2016). Feasibility study on locally available bamboo as reinforcement in conventional RCC structural member, International Journal of scientific research, Vol. 5, No.11, 2016 PP.69-72.
- Vivek Prasad H.G., Rajendra Prasad H.N., Laxmi Kant P., Aman, Chandrashekhar, Mitesh Pratap, Priyesh (2016). Analysis of road traffic noise at various zones in Mysuru, Indian Journal of Advances in Chemical Science (IJACS) S1, KROS Publications, Pages 157-159.
- Rajendra Prasad H. N., Vivek Prasad H. G., Naveen H. A., Raghu V., Sandesh D. S., SuneelNaik B., Uday R. (2016). Evaluation of Fatigue Parameters in Low-Strength Concrete by Replacement of Natural Sand, Indian Journal of Advances in Chemical Science, (IJACS) S1, KROS PublicationsPP 245-247.
- Pushpa K., Prasad S. K. and Nanjundaswamy P (2016). Critical Analysis of Slope stability analysis methods in International Journal of Engineering Research and technology ,ISSN 2278-0181,volume 5, Issue 07, July.
- Pushpa K., Prasad S. K., and Nanjundaswamy P. (2016). Simplified Pseudo-static analysis of Earthquake induced landslides. International Conference on Advanced Materials and Technology (ICMAT-2016), organized by SJCE, Mysuru, 26th to 28th May published in Indian Journal of Advances in Chemical Sciences, Volume 5,Issue 02,Pg 54-58,2017.
- Chandradhara G. P. and Syed Shakeeb Ur Rahman (2016). Relevance of Masonry Infills on the Seismic Response of Reinforced Concrete Structures, International Conference on Advanced Materials and Technology (ICMAT-16), 26th-28th May, S. J. College of Engineering, Mysuru, India.
- Raghuprasad P. S., Prashanth V. P. and Dharshan K. (2016). Effect of materials management on the cost of the project-case studies. International Conference on Energy, Environment and Engineering ICEEE-2016, at Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, 29th Feb. -2nd March, organized by Dept. of Chemistry and Dept. of Mechanical Engineering..ICEEE-2016-PROCEEDINGS,pp153.
- , Chandradhara G. P. (2016). Seismic Performance Of Infilled Frames With Different Percentage Of Central Opening Using Pushover Analysis, International Conference on Advanced Materials and Technology (ICMAT-16), 26th-28th May, S. J. College of Engineering, Mysuru, India.
- Dharshan K., PrashanthV.P. and Raghuprasad P. S. (2016). Experimental studies on compressive strength of Soil-cement mortar. National conference on contemporary construction engineering practices and techniques – concept 2016, MIT, Manipal, pp. 102-109, 26th to 27th
- Prashanth V. P., Dharshan K. and Raghuprasad P. S. (2016). Assessment and evaluation of comfort conditions in an existing hospital building – a case study in Mysuru. National conference on contemporary construction engineering practices and techniques – concept 2016, MIT, Manipal, pp. 59-65, 26th to 27th
- Vivek Prasad H.G., Mohammed Yasser Shariff, Prajwal K., Sagar Kurki R, Shobih Kumar M. (2017). Analysis of Railway Traffic Noise in Mysuru City International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Technology (IJSET), Innovative Research Publications , Volume No. 6, Issue No. 7 Pages : 228-230.
- Vinyasa G. C., Abhinandan S. and Chandradhara G. P. (2017). Study of Macro Models and Seismic Performance of Infilled Frames, National conference on Recent Trends in Geoscience, Material Science and Civil Engineering(RTGMCE-2017), ATME, Mysuru, 23rd-24th, March.
- Thanu H P and Rajasekaran C (2017). Comparative study on Indian building assessment tools and its limitations, International Conference on sustainable development, held at Colombo, Srilanka on 25th August.
- Prashanth V. P., Dharshan K., Raghuprasad P. S (2017). Experimental Investigation on the Influence of Natural and Commercial available Absorbents as Internal Curing agent on cement mortar, National Conference on Novel Polymeric Materials, POLYCON – 2017, 15th and 16th
- Prashanth V. P., Madan Kumar L., Mahender Kumar H M (2017). Study on Influence of Alkalis on the consistent and other Properties of Sun-Dry Cured Geo Polymer Mortar, International Conference on Composite Materials and Structures, ICCMS-17, IIT, Hyderabad, 27th to 29th
- Thanu H P, KanyaKumari H G and Rajasekaran C (2018). Sustainable Building Management by Using Alternative Materials and Techniques, International Conference on Sustainable Construction and Building Materials held at NITK, Surathkal from 18thto 22nd
- Thanu H P and Rajasekaran C (2018). Critical study on performance of building assessment tools with respect to Indian context. 14th International Conference on Concrete Engineering and Technology (CONCET 2018) held at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 7thto 10th
- Thanu H P and Rajasekaran C (2018). Critical study on performance of building assessment tools with respect to Indian context. 14th International Conference on Concrete Engineering and Technology (CONCET 2018), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysiafrom 07th to 10th August.
- Vivek Prasad H G, Jagadish K.S., (2018). Interlocking in Mud Blocks for improved Flexural Strength. International Symposium on Earthen Structures (ISES 2018), IIsc, Bengaluru, Karnataka from 22nd to 25th
- Dharshan K, Raghuprasad P S and Neerajakshi D (2018). Investigation on Concrete with M-Sand as replacement for Fine Aggregates- An Experimental Approach. International conference on Emerging and Sustainable Trends in Civil Engineering – ESCE 2018, Jawarharlal Nehru National College of Engineering, Shivamogga from 27th and 28th September.
- Raghuprasad P S, Dharshan K, Anantha K R and Pallavi K B (2018) Experimental Investigation on Concrete with Slag Sand as Replacement for Fine Aggregate. International conference on Emerging and Sustainable Trends in Civil Engineering – ESCE 2018, Jawarharlal Nehru National College of Engineering, Shivamogga from 27th and 28th September.
- Neerajakshi D, Nirmala D B and Raghuprasad P S (2018). Study of Fatigue Strength of Concrete using Manufactured Sand and Foundry Sand. International conference on Emerging and Sustainable Trends in Civil Engineering – ESCE 2018, Jawarharlal Nehru National College of Engineering, Shivamogga from 27th and 28th September.
- Jayashree M N, Bhavyashree B N and Raghuprasad P S (2018). Analysis and Design of Retaining Wall. International conference on Emerging and Sustainable Trends in Civil Engineering – ESCE 2018, Jawarharlal Nehru National College of Engineering, Shivamogga from 27th and 28th September.