- • The Department of Information Science & Engineering was established in the year 2000 with an intake of 60 students.
- • The department offers one undergraduate program (B.E in Information Science and Engineering) and two postgraduate programs (M.Tech in Software Engineering, M.Tech in Data Science).
- • The department has highly qualified faculty members who have rich experience in the area of Data Science, Machine Learning and Computational Intelligence.
- • The faculty members have associated with various reputed International Universities like Harvard University, USA, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, Korean University, Seoul, University of Mannheim, Germany, Georgia University, USA, St. Petersburgh Electrotechnical University, Russia, University of Genova, Italy, Helsinki University of Technology, Finland, Bilkent University, Turkey and many more.
- • Faculty members of the department have produced more than 200 research articles in the reputed Journals and Conference proceedings. The published papers have high citation index.
- • The department regularly conducts workshops, seminars, symposiums, and faculty development programmme to keep update with emerging technologies.
- • The department is housed with high end computing facilities like GPU machines, High End Internet Facilities, wifi facilities, access to reputed journals like IEEE, Springer, Elsevier and many more.
- • The students of the department have a good placement record (Around 98% placement during 2016) with reputed companies like Google, Microsoft, Intuit, Flipkart, Adobe and many more.
- • Alumni of the department pursue their higher studies within the country as well as abroad and some of the Alumnus are successful entrepreneurs.
B.E. in Computer Science & Business Systems(CSBS)
JSS STU becomes 1st university in Karnataka to offer 4 year B.E Course in CSBS designed by TCS
To address the growing need of engineering talent with skills in digital technology, TCS, in partnership with leading academicians across India, has designed a curriculum for 4 years undergraduate program on Computer Science titled “Computer Science and Business Systems (CSBS)”. JSS Science and Technology University (Formerly SJCE) is the first University in Karnataka to offer this course from the year 2019-20. The curriculum aims to ensure that the students graduating from the program not only know the core topics of Computer Science but also develop an equal appreciation of humanities, management sciences and human values. The students are exposed to emerging topics such as Analytics, Machine Learning, Cloud Computing, Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI) etc., to make them industry ready at the end of four years of study. This curriculum has been approved by the Executive Committee of AICTE and is available in the AICTE drop-down menu of nomenclatures for engineering course. TCS has launched this course in the academic year 2018-19.
Today, JSS Science and Technology University, Mysuru signed a MOU with TCS to offer CSBS program to the students in the upcoming batch. The MOU was signed by Registrar, JSS Science and Technology University and Mr. Chandra Koduru, Head of Academic Interface Programme of TCS. Mr. Mageshwaran BJ, A&I AIP and Mr. Sreenivasa Ramanujam, Head of Academic Interface Programme – Karnataka from TCS was also present in the occasion along with University Vice Chancellor – Dr. BG Sangameshwara, Deans of Engineering, Management and Resaerch, Deputy Registrar, Assistant Registrar, Dr M Pradeep Training and Placement officer, HODs and Senior faculty from JSS Science and Technology University, Mysuru . As part of the MoU, TCS will support JSS Science and Technology University by training and developing their faculty, organising guest lectures by expert practitioners from the industry, and by engaging in continuous assessment of the students. Additionally, TCS will also offer internship to select students undergoing this program and involve them in meaningful projects to provide first-hand exposure to the real-life business problem.
“TCS has a long history of partnering with academia to create industry relevant course” said Ranjan Bandyopadhyay, Vice President, Human Resources, TCS, “through this program, we are confident to develop bright, committed and ethical Computer Science graduates to address the future human resource needs of Indian IT industry in the era of Business 4.0”.
Scroll down to Curriculum section for syllabus details.
- • Two software laboratories are available to students to carry out core computing exercises. Each of the labs is equipped with 45 computers. All systems are dual bootable. Students are encouraged to work on open source software.
- • One laboratory is available to students to have hands-on experience on hardware exercises. The lab is equipped with trainer kits to verify hardware logic.
- • High End Data Science and Machine Learning Laboratory sponsored by Microsoft India University Relation. A few Raspberry Pi kits are being used and under grad students who passed out this year have successfully completed about 5 projects. A working model of a robot implemented in the lab has secured the third prize in a conference recently.
- • One laboratory caters to students’ desire for app development. Initially the lab was setup with assistance from Nokia and now caters to general app development. Students from our department have recently developed an app for the safety of women in buses and won the first prize in the state.
- • Department has an exclusive laboratory for PG students. It has 15 computers with high resolution monitors. The lab is also available to research scholars who have registered with the department faculty for their Ph.D. The laboratory has been successfully used by them and a good number of papers have been published in refereed journals.
- • Apart from Laboratory infrastructure, students have WI-FI access to internet.
- • To empower the graduates with domain specific knowledge, skill and creative thinking.
- • To create wide angle exposure to the stakeholder on thrust areas.
- • To prepare graduates with research and entrepreneurship attitude having high moral and ethical values.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Provide solutions by applying knowledge and skills in the field of information science and engineering.
- Excel in their profession through creative thinking and continuous learning to cater societal needs.
- Function effectively in software development, research and entrepreneurship
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- Provide students with core competence in mathematics, scientific, and basic, engineering fundamentals to develop software applications.
- Train students with knowledge and skills in core areas of system engineering, information processing and application development.
- Inculcate students to excel in IT profession, entrepreneurship, and research with ethical standards
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
|1||Dr. B Ravindra||Subject Expert from Academic/ Research Institution||Associate Professor, Department of CS, IIT Madras|
|2||Dr. P Nagabhushan||Subject Expert from Academic/ Research Institution||Director, IIIT – Allahabad|
|3||Dr. Nirmal Kumar Sancheti||Subject Expert from Industry||Vice President- Engineering,
AllGo Embedded Systems Pvt. Ltd, Bangalore
|4||Mr. Shrinivas S Kulkarni||Subject Expert from Industry||Senior Software Architect , IBM India Software Lab, Bangalore|
|5||Ramesh Phatak||Postgraduate Meritorious Alumnus||Board Member and Director at CONTTEXT, Technical Consultant, Member of Angel Network Bengaluru Area, India|
|6||Dr. Ashish Ghosh||Co-opted member||Professor & former Head
The above members are also the members of Board of Studies.
Quality Monitoring and Administration Committee (QMAC):
- Prof. S K Padma
- Ms. Vanishri Arun
- Mr. Anand Raj Ulle
Teaching and Learning Committee (TLC):
- Dr. Umesh K K
- Dr. R J Prathibha
- Ms. Vani H Y
Academic Committee (AC):
- Dr. B S Harish
- Ms. C K Roopa
- Mr. M S Maheshan
Department Support Activities Committee (DSAC):
- Dr. B S Mahanand
- Dr. S P Shivaprakash
- Dr. R J Prathibha
Research & Development Committee (RDC):
- Dr. D S Vinod
- Dr. B S Mahanand
- Mr. Maheshan
Laboratory Development Committee (LDC):
- Dr. D.S.Vinod
- Dr. Shivaprakash
- Mr. Anandraj Raj Ulle
TEQIP coordinators committee (TCC):
- Ms. Vanishri Arun
- Mr. Anandraj Raj Ulle
Time table committee (TTC):
- Ms. Vani H Y
- Mr. Manju
- Ms. Vani H Y
- Ms. C K Roopa
Mentoring Committee for the academic year 2018-19
|1st Semester||Dr.Harish.B.S||Prof.Anand Raj Ulle||Prof.Vanishree Arun|
|3rd Semester||Prof.Vani.H.Y||Prof.Manju.N||Prof M.S.Maheshan|
|5th Semester||Dr.B.S.Mahanand||Dr.Umesh.K.K||Dr.Prathibha R.J|
|7th Semester||Dr.D.S.Vinod||Dr.S.P.Shiva Prakash||Prof.C.K.Roopa|
|M.Tech-Data Science||Dr.S.P.Shiva Prakash||Prof.Manju.N||Prof.Anand Raj Ulle|
Scroll below to download the Curriculum.
B.E (Information Science & Engineering)
B.E (Computer Science & Business Systems)
M.Tech (Software Engineering)
M.Tech (Data Science)
M.Sc. (Engineering) by research
Know your Faculty
• The faculty is well recognized and is on the academic bodies of other institutions.
• Some of the faculty have international exposure and have served as visiting professors and post doctoral fellows in Universities in Singapore, South Korea, USA and Italy.
• Seven of the faculty have doctoral degrees and are actively engaged in research with their research scholars.
• Eight faculty are pursuing their doctoral degree, some in-house and some others outside
Professor & Principal
Associate Professor & Head
|Name of the technical staff||Designation||Qualification|
|Mr Vinod||Instructor||Diploma in Computer science|
|Ms. Thara B N||Instructor||BE in Computer science|
|Mrs Ramyashree||Instructor||BE in Computer science|
|Mrs Porrnima B||Instructor||Diploma in Computer science|
Curriculum & Timetable
- Global Initiative of Academic Networks(GIAN) on Neuromorphic Architectures Advanced Topics on Spiking Neural Networks and their Learning Algorithms, December 19 – December 30, 2017
- Foreign Faculty : N Sundararajan, Professor ( Retired ), EEE, NTU, Singapore
- Host Faculty : S K Padma
- SJCE Alumni Best Project Award – 2017 Project title: “Pothole Detection System”, Students Name: Ravish K G, Jayesh K B, Kruthik M S and Pavan Kumar, (BE in Information Science and Engineering) under the guidance of Dr. D S Vinod.
- B S Mahanand has been awarded with a Raman postdoctoral fellowship from University Grants Commission, Government of India at Harvard Medical School, Harvard University, USA in 2016-17
- B S Mahanand, Ramesh Shreyas and his team have won Best Student Project award for the year 2015-16 from Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
- B S Mahanand has been awarded Best Ph.D. Thesis Award from the Government of Karnataka’s Board for IT Education Standards.
- Arun Kumar and team was awarded 1st Place in Recognition Task in Sclera Segmentation and Eye Detection Benchmarking Competition in Conjunction with International Joint Conference on Biometrics 2017, October 1 – 4, 2017, Denver, Colorado, USA.
- B S Hairsh , Arun Kumar and team were awarded 1st Prize in Segmentation and 2nd Prize in Recognition in Sclera Segmentation Benchmarking Competition organized by The 9th IAPR International Conference on Biometrics (ICB-2016), June 13 – June 19, 2016, Sweden.
- B S Hairsh , Arun Kumar and team were awarded “Best Paper Award” during IEEE International Conference on Knowledge Engineering and Applications (ICKEA 2016), 28-30 September, 2016, Singapore.
- S P Shivaprakash secured “Excellent Team Work award” in the short term course on “Creativity and Innovation” conducted by IIT Delhi.
- Vani H Y was awarded with Best Paper presentation for Research Paper titled “Noisy speech recognition using wavelets and FCM” in 4th international conference on information and network security” Kuala Lumpur Malaysia ,December 28 to 31, 2016.
- M S Maheshan received Best Paper Award for presenting research paper entitled “Indexing based Classification: An Approach towards classifying Text Documents” at Duy Tan University, Da Nang, Vietnam on 15th – 17th June 2017.
|SI No.||Particulars||Date||Type of Event|
|1.||Five Day National Level Seminar on “MultiMedia Data Analysis”||26/04/2016 – 30/04/2016||National Level Workshop|
|2.||Three Day National Level Seminar on “Mathematics behind Machine Learning”||21/08/2014 – 23/08/2014||National Level Workshop|
|3.||Two Day Workshop on “Recent Advances in Machine Learning”||15/05/2013 – 16/05/2013||Workshop|
|4.||Sample Course Modules Developed||–||–|
|5.||Recent Advances in Health care Management using Handheld Devices||28/01/2014||One Day Workshop|
|6.||Two Day workshop on Android Application Development||27/09/2014 – 28/09/2014||Workshop|
|7.||Tran cranial Magnetic Stimulation: Science, Diagnostic and Treatment of Human Brains||26/02/2015||Research Talk|
|9.||Web Application Development||10/10/2015 – 25/10/2015||Finishing School|
|10.||Student Internet World||25/02/2016 – 26/02/2016||Two Day Workshop|
|11.||Spiking Neural Networks and Neuromorphic System: Understanding and Modeling the Human Brain||22/06/2016||Research Talk|
|12.||A Powerful Platform to build web and Mobile Apps that scale automatically||17/09/2016 – 27/09/2016||Finishing School|
|13.||Windows System Fundamentals||19/09/2016 – 27/09/2016||Finishing School|
|14.||Multiclass Binary Coded Genetic Algorithm based classifiers for indentifying Biomarkers associated with severe diseases||08/12/2016||Technical Talk|
|15.||Student Internet World||15/12/2016 – 16/12/2016||Two Day Workshop|
|16.||IOT and its application to develop smart city solutions||24/01/2017||Technical Talk|
Research is an integral part of departmental activities where all the faculty members have rich experience in area of Machine Intelligence, Data Science and Computational Intelligence. The faculties are associated with various reputed universities and institutes. With the present world’s growing stress on machine learning and automation, now the major focus lies in providing solution to real industrial problem.
One of the major advantage is that faculties and students are working on developing machine learning algorithms with the objective of providing solutions to diverse societal problems. The challenge spans from biomedical imaging analysis, computational linguistics, medical data analysis, mobile networks, text analysis, speech analysis etc. Research topics are chosen keeping the future technical trends and societal needs.
In order to keep abreast in the field of data analytics and computational intelligence, proposals are made to set up the centre of excellence in the field Data science and Machine Learning.
CSI-SJCE Student Chapter
CSI formed in 1965 has been instrumental in guiding the Indian IT industry down the right path since its formative years. Today, the CSI has 72 chapters all over India, 511 student branches, and more than 1 lakh members including India’s most famous IT industry leaders, brilliant scientists and dedicated academicians.
The mission of the CSI is to facilitate research, knowledge sharing, learning and career enhancement for all categories of IT professionals, while simultaneously inspiring and nurturing new entrants into the industry and helping them to integrate into the IT community.
The Computer Society of India, SJCE chapter has been instrumental in promoting expertise in the field of Information Technology. In this endeavor, it has devoted itself to the intellectual needs of enterprising students through various activities.
The SJCE chapter takes pride in the fact that it is a student body that aims at whetting the student’s appetite for IT and provides an ideal platform for them to develop skills. SJCE chapter has organized several invited talks, workshops and technical events. More than 200 students and 15 faculties are currently members of CSI.
Technologix is an annual technical symposium conducted under the aegis of Computer Society of India-SJCE student chapter. The event attracts some of the best brains and brands every year and activities are focus on:
- Encouraging industry-institute interaction through various industry presentations.
- Conducting technical events.
- Acquainting the students with the latest in the industry by organizing invited talks.
- Organizing courses and workshops for students about topics related to the field of Information Technology.
|1||VIKRAM M A||2011|
|4||MADHUSHREE V N||2014|
Postgraduate Program – M.TECH IN SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
|4||ARUNA KUMAR S V||2013|
|6||AJAY S PRABHU||2015|
List of Ph.D. Awarded from the Department of ISE
|1||Mr. Sreenivas Pai||2004|
|2||Mr. K T Veeramanju||2006|
|3||Mr. Nijaguna Arya||2007|
|4||Mrs. S K Padma||2009|
|5||Mr. D S Vinod||2009|
|6||Mr. Shivaprakash S P||2017|
|7||Mr. P Mahesh||2017|
The project Title: “Innovative Data Transfer Device”
Faculty: Vanishree Arun
The concept is filed for Indian Intellectual property rights in 2016 and the application is published on 09/11/2016 with the Patent Number 201641032658 through Allinnov Research and Development Pvt. Ltd. Application for Patent Examination has been filed and date is awaited. Presently working on the development of the product.
- Vanishri Arun filed for Indian Intellectual property rights for the concept “Innovative Data Transfer Device”, and the application is published on 09/11/2016 with the Patent Number 201641032658.
- S.P. Shiva Prakash Secured “Excellent Team Work award” in the short term course on “Creativity and Innovation” conducted by IIT Delhi,
- B S Harish: Involved in Melinda – Gates Foundation Project. The project is jointly collaborated with Quinnipiac University, USA, JSS University, Mysore and JSS Science & Technology University, Mysore. Project Title: “Discovery and Translational Sciences, Global Libraries”
- B S Harish: Visiting Researcher @ DIBRIS – Department of Informatics, Bio Engineering, Robotics and System Engineering University of Genova, Genova, ITALY (On Short Term Leave) May – June 2016.
- B S Harish was Awarded 1st Prize in Segmentation and 2nd Prize in Recognition in Sclera Segmentation Benchmarking Competition organized by The 9th IAPR International Conference on Biometrics (ICB-2016), June 13 – June 19, 2016, Sweden.
- B S Harish was Awarded “Best Paper Award” during IEEE International Conference on Knowledge Engineering and Applications (ICKEA 2016), 28-30 September, 2016, Singapore.
- VANI H Y was awarded “Best Paper Award” during ACM 4th international conference on information and network security” Kuala Lumpur Malaysia ,28-31 December, 2016.
- B S Mahanand, Best Student Project award for the year 2016 from Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
- B S Mahanand, Awarded with a Raman postdoctoral fellowship from University Grants Commission, Government of India at Harvard Medical School, Harvard University, USA in 2016-17.
- Awarded “first place” for modeling the “Prediction of surgical site infection using sparse laboratory”, by AMIA KDD-WG competition held at Chicago, USA in 2016-17.
- BE final year project under the guidance of D S Vinod titled “Pot-Hole Detection Systems”, was awarded Best Project Award for best B.E. project during 2017 by SJCE Alumni Association.
- M S Maheshan received Best Paper Award during 4th International Conference on Information System Design and Intelligent Applications Sponsored by Springer at Duy Tan University, Da Nang, Vietnam on 15th – 17th June 2017.
- Vanishri Arun paper award during the Second National Conference on Engineering Innovations and Solutions (NCEIS 2018) held on 17th April 2018.
- Vanishri Arun, M S Maheshan and S K Padma signed MoU with JSS Academy for Higher Studies and Research for app development titled “DiaGuru” and “JSS Dental” in 2018.
- P. Shiva Prakash obtained Ph.D in Computer Science degree for the thesis entitled “Power aware routing in dynamic IEEE 802.11s Wireless Mesh Networks” from the University of Mysore, Mysuru under the Guidance of Dr. T.N.Nagabhushan, Principal, SJCE, Mysuru in August 2017.
- S.P. Shiva Prakash received letter of appreciation from Finnish-Russian University Cooperation in Telecommunication (FRUCT), Finland for contributing in translation of medical data from English to Hindi and Kannada languages, December 2017
- S.P. Shiva Prakash was invited as Chief Guest for the inauguration of Computer Science and Engineering Department Association, Mysore Royal Institute of Technology, Mysore and Delivered technical talk on “Recent trends in Wireless Body Area Network and 5G Technologies, 10th May, 2018
- B S Harish was Awarded 1st Place in Recognition Task in Sclera Segmentation and Eye Detection Benchmarking Competition in Conjunction with International Joint Conference on Biometrics 2017, October 1 – 4, 2017, Denver, Colorado, USA.
- GIAN program titled ‘Neuromorphic Architectures – Advanced Topics on Spiking Neural Networks and their Learning Algorithms’ was conducted from 19-30 December 2017 by Prof. N Sundararajan from NTU, Singapore and coordinated by Prof. S K Padma.
- JSS Science and Technology University, Mysuru awarded best synopsis in terms of research proposal and its expected output to Research Scholar working under Dr. S.P. Shiva Prakash supervision, Aug 2017
- S.P. Shiva Prakash was invited as keynote speaker and delivered lecture on “Methods and Models for Energy Aware Routing in Wireless Networks” for the 13th international symposium “Intelligent Systems-2018” held from October 22-24, 2018 at Saint Petersburg, Russia
- S.P. Shiva Prakash was invited to chair the session of Big data analytics/Network Technologies-I session at the 23rd conference of open innovation Association FRUCT held at Advanced Research Centre on Electronic System (ARCES), University of Bologna, Italy from November 13-16, 2018
- B S Harish was Awarded 1st Place in Gray Matter Segmentation Task in Grand Challenge on MR Brain Image Segmentation workshop at the MICCAI in Nagoya, Japan, January 2018.
- Prathibha R.J., obtained Ph.D degree in Computer and Information Sciences for the thesis entitled “Novel Approaches to Develop the Modules of Source Analyzer for Kannada Sentence in machine translation system” from Visveswaraya Technological University, Belagavi, on 17/07/2018.
- Prathibha R.J., was invited to chair the session at 4th National Conference on Emerging Trends in Computer science and Engineering (NCETCSE), BGSIT, B.G. NARAGA on 4th May 2018.
- Prathibha R.J., received “Certification of Appreciation” for reviewing papers submitted to 3rd International Conference on “Emerging Research in Electronics, Computer Science and Technology” held at P.E.S. College of Engineering, Mandya on 23rd and 24th August 2018.
- M S Maheshan coordinated in Organizing a special lecture on “How to do good Ph.D.?” as a part of CCIP International conference held on 10th August, 2016 at SJCE, Mysuru.
- B S Harish Organized a Five Day National Level Seminar on “Multimedia Data Analysis” under TEQIP II Initiative, from 26th, April – 30th, April, 2016.
- VANI H Y coordinated in organizing “Voice Biometrics” in CCIP 2016 on 11 CCIP 2016 on august, 2016 at SJCE Mysuru.
- Mahanand B.S. organized special session on Cognitive Computing in Medical Information Processing, Second International Conference on Cognitive Computing and Information Processing (CCIP), 12–13 August 2016.
- VANI H Y Conducted 10 day Finishing school on “Android App engine” for UG and PG students from 17- 27 October 2017.
- Dr. S.P. Shiva Prakash conducted “Five day Faculty Development Programme on IoT: interfacing and application development” from August 20-24, 2018
- Dr. S.P. Shiva Prakash conducted “Three day workshop on IoT: interfacing and application development” at Department of Information and Technology, MLV Textile Engineering College, Bhilwara, Rajasthan as part of Twinning program of Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore from September 20-22, 2018
- B S Harish, C K Roopa and N Manju Organized a Three Day Workshop on “Foundation Course on Machine Learning” under TEQIP III Initiative, from 5th, July – 7th, July, 2018.
- Prathibha, R. J., & Padma, M. C. (2016). “Development of Morphological stemmer and analyzer for Kannada inflectional words”, International Journal of Computational Linguistics Research, Volume 7, Number 4, December 2016, pp. 133-161.
- Prathibha, R. J., & Padma, M. C. (2016), ”Morphological Analyzer for Kannada Inflectional Words Using Hybrid Approach”, in International Journal of Computational Linguistics Research, Volume 7, Number 4, pp. 133-161.
- Mahesha, P., & Vinod, D. S. (2016). Gaussian mixture model based classification of stuttering dysfluencies. Journal of Intelligent Systems, 25(3), 387-399.
- Vanishri Arun., Banu, R., Shankaraiah, N., & Shyam, V. (2016, August). Meta-cognitive neural network method for classification of diabetic retinal images. In Cognitive Computing and Information Processing (CCIP), 2016 Second International Conference on (pp. 1-5). IEEE.
- Revanasiddappa, M. B., Harish, B. S., & Kumar, S. A. (2018). Clustering Text Documents Using Kernel Possibilistic C-Means. In Proceedings of International Conference on Cognition and Recognition (pp. 127-134). Springer, Singapore.
- Harish, B. S., Revanasiddappa, M. B., & Kumar, S. A. (2016, September). A modified Support Vector Clustering method for document categorization. In Knowledge Engineering and Applications (ICKEA), IEEE International Conference on (pp. 1-5). IEEE.
- Kumar, S. A., Harish, B. S., & Aradhya, V. M. (2016, August). A picture fuzzy clustering approach for brain tumor segmentation. In Cognitive Computing and Information Processing (CCIP), 2016 Second International Conference on(pp. 1-6). IEEE.
- Aruna Kumar S V and B S Harish “Spot detection in Microarray Images: An Approach based on Fuzzy Clustering”, International Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering and Material Sciences (ICEMS 2016) (Elsevier Publications), 17 – 19 March, 2016.
- Vani, H Y and Anusuya, M A(2016,August). Hilbert Huang Transform based Speech Recognition. In Cognitive Computing and Information Processing (CCIP), 2016 Second International Conference on (pp. 1-6). IEEE
- Vani, H Y and Anusuya, M A(2016,December). Noisy speech recognition using wavelets and FCM, In Information and Network Security” (ICINS) ,2016 Fourth International Conference on(pp 83-88).ACM
- Padma, M. C., & Prathibha, R. J. (2016). ,“Morpheme Based Parts of Speech Tagger for Kannada Language”. The IRES International Conference, Los Angeles.pp 27-31.
- Mahanand, B. S., Vigneshwaran, S., Suresh, S., & Sundararajan, N. (2016, August). An enhanced effect-size thresholding method for the diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder using resting state functional MRI. In Cognitive Computing and Information Processing (CCIP), 2016 Second International Conference on (pp. 1-6). IEEE
- Shreyas, R., Akshata, D. M., Mahanand, B. S., Shagun, B., & Abhishek, C. M. (2016, August). Predicting popularity of online articles using Random Forest regression. In Cognitive Computing and Information Processing (CCIP), 2016 Second International Conference on (pp. 1-5). IEEE.
- Anand, Ulle, Nagabhushan, T. N., Nandini, Monoli, “An integrated convex hull and curvature based method for identifying valid concave points.,” IEEE, International conference on cognitive computing and information processing, (CCIP), 2016
- Raj, S., & Vinod, D. S. (2016, August). Automatic defect identification and grading system for ‘Jonagold’apples. In Cognitive Computing and Information Processing (CCIP), 2016 Second International Conference on (pp. 1-5). IEEE.
- Ashok, V., & Vinod, D. S. (2016, August). A comparative study of feature extraction methods in defect classification of mangoes using neural network. In Cognitive Computing and Information Processing (CCIP), 2016 Second International Conference on (pp. 1-6). IEEE.
- Mahesha, P., & Vinod, D. S. (2016, March). Automatic Segmentation and Classification of Dysfluencies in Stuttering Speech. In Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Information and Communication Technology for Competitive Strategies (p. 39). ACM.
- Vanishri, Arun., Banu, R., Shankaraiah, N., & Shyam, V. (2017). Meta-cognitive neural network method for classification of diabetic retinal images. IEEE Xplore 2017, DOI: 1109/CCIP.2016.7802860.
- Harish, B. S., & Revanasiddappa, M. B. (2017). A Comprehensive Survey on various Feature Selection Methods to Categorize Text Documents. International Journal of Computer Applications, 164(8), 1-7.
- Harish, B. S., & Kumar, S. A. (2017). Anomaly based intrusion detection using modified fuzzy clustering. International Journal of Interactive Multimedia and Artificial Intelligence, 4(6), 54-59.
- Kumar, S. A., & Harish, B. S. (2017). A Modified intuitionistic fuzzy clustering algorithm for medical image segmentation. Journal of Intelligent Systems.
- Prathibha, R. J., & Padma, M. C. (2017) “Kannada Text Normalization in Source Analysis Phase of Machine Translation System” in International Journal of Engineering and Technology (IJET), Volume 9, No 3S, 585-589.
- Prathibha, R. J., & Padma, M. C. (2017), “Shallow Parser for Kannada Sentences using Machine Learning Approach”, in International Journal of Computational Linguistics Research, Volume 8 Number 4, pp. 158-170.
- Subbaraju, V., Mahanand, B. S., Sundaram, S., & Narasimhan, S. (2017). Identifying differences in brain activities and an accurate detection of autism spectrum disorder using resting state functional-magnetic resonance imaging: A spatial filtering approach. Medical image analysis, 35, 375-389.
- Vanishri, Arun., Arunkumar, B. V., Padma, S. K., & Shyam, V. (2018). Evidence-Based Technological Approach for Disease Prediction Using Classification Technique. In Proceedings of International Conference on Cognition and Recognition (pp. 283-289). Springer, Singapore.
- Revanasiddappa, M. B., & Harish, B. S. (2019). A New Framework to Categorize Text Documents Using SMTP Measure. In Soft Computing: Theories and Applications (pp. 515-524). Springer, Singapore.
- Prasad, A. G., Sanjana, S., Bhat, S. M., & Harish, B. S. (2017, October). Sentiment analysis for sarcasm detection on streaming short text data. In Knowledge Engineering and Applications (ICKEA), 2017 2nd International Conference on(pp. 1-5). IEEE.
- Srujan, K. S., Nikhil, S. S., Rao, H. R., Karthik, K., Harish, B. S., & Kumar, H. K. (2018). Classification of Amazon Book Reviews Based on Sentiment Analysis. In Information Systems Design and Intelligent Applications (pp. 401-411). Springer, Singapore.
- Kumar, H. K., & Harish, B. S. (2018). Classification of Short Text Using Various Preprocessing Techniques: An Empirical Evaluation. In Recent Findings in Intelligent Computing Techniques (pp. 19-30). Springer, Singapore.
- Harish, B. S., Kumar, S. A., Masulli, F., & Rovetta, S. (2017). Adaptive Initialization of Cluster Centers using Ant Colony Optimization: Application to Medical Images. In ICPRAM (pp. 591-598).
- Vani, H Y, Anusuya, M A.Noisy (2017,December). Speech recognition using KFCM .In Proceedings of International Conference on Cognitive Computing and Information Processing (CCIP) (pp 324-330). Springer Singapore.
- Hegde, Y., & Padma, S. K. (2017, January). Sentiment analysis using random forest ensemble for mobile product reviews in Kannada. In 2017 IEEE 7th International Advance Computing Conference (IACC) (pp. 777-782). IEEE.
- Mahanand, B. S., Joost, M. R., Salat, D. H. (2017, March). Impact of White Matter Hyperintensities on Patterns of Cortical Thickness in Alzheimer’s Disease. Massachusetts Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center and the Boston University Alzheimer’s Disease Center’s 30th Annual Poster Symposium.
- Cinthya, A., Mahanand. B. S., Kimberly, A. S., Elizabeth, L., Rachel, L. A., Salat, D. H. (2017, March).Classification of Neuropsychologically Defined MCI by Structural Neuroimaging”, Massachusetts Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center and the Boston University Alzheimer’s Disease Center’s 30th Annual Poster Symposium.
- Raj, S., Vinod, D. S., & Murthy, N. (2017, December). Automated Lung Parenchyma Segmentation in the Presence of High Attenuation Patterns Using Modified Robust Spatial Kernel FCM. In International Conference on Cognitive Computing and Information Processing (pp. 40-50). Springer, Singapore.
- Mahesha, P., & Vinod, D. S. (2017, March). LP-Hillbert transform based MFCC for effective discrimination of stuttering dysfluencies. In Wireless Communications, Signal Processing and Networking (WiSPNET), 2017 International Conference on (pp. 2561-2565). IEEE.
- Arun, V., Krishna, M., BV, A., & SK, P. (2018). Exploratory Boosted Feature Selection and Neural Network Framework for Depression Classification. International Journal of Interactive Multimedia & Artificial Intelligence, 5(3).
- Vanishri, Arun, V., Arunkumar, B. V., Padma, S. K., & Shyam, V. (2018). Evidence-Based Technological Approach for Disease Prediction Using Classification Technique. Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems. Springer, Singapore.
- Kumar, H. K., & Harish, B. S. (2018). A New Feature Selection Method for Sentiment Analysis in Short Text. Journal of Intelligent Systems.
- Revanasiddappa, M. B., & Harish, B. S. Article in Press IJIMAI journal.
- Kumar, S. A., Harish, B. S., & Shivakumara, P. (2018). A novel fuzzy clustering based system for medical image segmentation. International Journal of Computational Intelligence Studies, 7(1), 33-66.
- Umesh K K, MalaPriya. S ,“BSN-Care:IoT Based Human Health Care Using Body Sensors, published in International Journal of Scientific Research in Computer Science, Engineering and Information Technology, Volume 4, Issue , ISSN : 2456-3307, 2018.
- Roopa, C. K., & Harish, B. S. (2018). INTERPRETATION OF ECG USING MODIFIED INTUITIONISTIC FUZZY C-MEANS CLUSTERING FOR ARRHYTHMIA DATA. ICTACT Journal on Soft Computing, 9(1).
- Mahanand, B. S., Fischl, B., Salat, D. H., & Alzheimer’s Disease Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI). (2018). Factors influencing accuracy of cortical thickness in the diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease. Human brain mapping, 39(4), 1500-1515.
- Shankar, P. R., Kesari, A., Shalini, P., Kamalashree, N., Bharadwaj, C., Raj, N., & Tagadur, N. N. (2018). Predictive Modeling of Surgical Site Infections Using Sparse Laboratory Data. International Journal of Big Data and Analytics in Healthcare (IJBDAH), 3(1), 13-26.
- Manoli, S. N., Ulle, A. R., Nandini, N. M., & Rekha, T. S. (2018). Classification of Breast Lesions using Modified Masood Score and Neural Network. Biomedical and Pharmacology Journal, 11(3), 1745-1748.
- Kumar, H. K., & Harish, B. S. (2018). Sarcasm classification: A novel approach by using Content Based Feature Selection Method. Procedia computer science, 143, 378-386.
- Harish, B. S., & Revanasiddappa, M. B. (2018, June). A New Approach of Categorizing Text Documents through Consensus Clustering. In Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Frontiers of Educational Technologies (pp. 87-91). ACM.
- Darshan, H.K., Shankar, Aditya., & Harish, B.S., Kumar, H.K., “Exploiting RLPI for Sentiment Analysis on Movie Reviews”, 3rd International Conference on Knowledge Engineering and Applications, (2018, June)
- Revanasiddappa, M. B., Harish, B. S., & Kumar, S. A. (2018). Meta-cognitive Neural Network based Sequential Learning Framework for Text Categorization. Procedia Computer Science, 132, 1503-1511.
- Kumar, H. M., Harish, B. S., Kumar, S. V., & Aradhya, V. N. (2018, February). Classification of sentiments in short-text: an approach using mSMTP measure. In Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Machine Learning and Soft Computing (pp. 145-150). ACM.
- Harish, B. S., & Manju, N. (2018, June). Hybrid Feature Selection Method using Fisher’s Discriminate Ratio to Classify Internet Traffic Data. In Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Frontiers of Educational Technologies (pp. 75-79). ACM.
- Vivek, M. B., Manju, N., & Vijay, M. B. (2018). Machine Learning Based Food Recipe Recommendation System. In Proceedings of International Conference on Cognition and Recognition (pp. 11-19). Springer, Singapore.
- Maheshan, M. S., Harish, B. S., & Nagadarshan, N. (2018). On the use of Image Enhancement Technique towards Robust Sclera Segmentation. Procedia computer science, 143, 466-473.
- Maheshan, M. S., Harish, B. S., & Revanasiddappa, M. B. (2018). Indexing-Based Classification: An Approach Toward Classifying Text Documents. In Information Systems Design and Intelligent Applications (pp. 894-902). Springer, Singapore.
- Vanishri, Arun., Prajwal, V., Padma, S. K., Shyam, V. (2018). Neural Network in a Projection Learning framework for Depression classification in MYNAH cohort. In Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence.
- Vanishri, Arun, Prajwal, V., Padma, S. K., Shyam, V. (2018). A Boosted Machine Learning Approach For Detection of Depression. In Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence.
- Vanishri, Arun., Prajwal, V., Padma, S.K., Shyam, V. (2018). Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Prediction for Diabetics Using Nearest Neighbor Approach. In International Conference on Emerging Research in Electronics, Computer Science and Technology.
- Vanishri, Arun., Ranjitha, P., (2018). Decision Making for Heart Disease Detection Using Hybrid Neural Network-Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm. In Second National Conference on Engineering Innovations and Solutions.
- Vanishri, Arun., Rakshitha, Hathwar., Keerthana, Basavaraj., Sonali, C. H., et al. (2018). Risk Factor Analysis of Diseases Using Machine Learning Techniques. In National Conference on Engineering Innovations and Solutions.
- Roopa, C. K., Harish, B. S., & Kumar, S. A. (2018, July). Classification of ECG Arrhythmia using symbolic dynamics through fuzzy clustering neural network. In Third International Workshop on Pattern Recognition (Vol. 10828, p. 1082818). International Society for Optics and Photonics.
- Roopa, C. K., Harish, B. S., & Kumar, S. A. (2018). A Novel Method of Clustering ECG Arrhythmia data using Robust Spatial Kernel Fuzzy C-Means. Procedia computer science, 143, 133-140.
- Prathibha R.J. & Padma M C, “Design of Syntax Analyzer for Kannada Sentences using Rule based Approach” presented in the “Third International conference on Emerging Research in Electronics, Computer Science and Technology [ICERECT-18]”, To be published in Springer Lecture Series.
- Prathibha R.J., Pooja R Rao & Sanju P Gowda, “Paddy yield predictor using temperature, rainfall, soil pH and Nitrogen” presented in the “Third International conference on Emerging Research in Electronics, Computer Science and Technology [ICERECT-18]”. To be published in Springer Lecture Series.
- Mahanand, B. S. (2018, October).Depression Detection using Neuroimaging and Machine Learning Approaches. In IPS National Conference on Combat Depression.
- Vasily, S., Mahanand, B. S.(2018, November). A Cognitive Ensemble Classifier based on Risk Sensitive Hinge Loss Function for Alzheimer Disease diagnosis in early stages.In IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (IEEE SSCI).
- Mahanand, B. S.,Kishor, M., Suma, R. (2018, December) Autism Spectrum Disorders: Dilemmas in Clinical Approach, Advanced Machine Learning Tools & Therapy. In Global Autism Convention.
- Pradeep, M. P., Mahanand, B. S. (2018, December). ADHD detection based on phenotypic data using K-Nearest Neighbor classifier. In International Conference On Electronics, Communication, Computer Technologies and Optimization Techniques (ICEECCOT).
Karnataka Girl Who Just Became South India’s 1st Woman Fighter Pilot
As the Chief Executive Officer, Pavan Sondur defines the road map for all growth and innovation at Unbxd. Pavan aims to shape Unbxd as a global product company from India with a strong focus on America, Indian, and APAC markets.