Department of Polymer Science and Technology (PST) was established in 1988 and is one of its kind in the state of Karnataka. It has produced 24 batches of B.E., 8 batches of M.Tech, more than 30 Ph.Ds. Active in research publishing more than 300 research papers, and also offers MSc by research program. Department has excellent relationship with Polymer Industries, Research Institutions and Alumni. Faculty members have collaborative research activities with Universities in South Korea, Brazil & USA. Has signed MoUs with North Carolina University, Chonbuk National University & Indian Rubber Institute. Department has completed R&D sponsored projects from UGC, CSIR, DST, DRDO, AICTE, VGST & others. Conducts national conference ‘Polycon’ once in three years since 1999. Nodal point for Indian Rubber Institute, Karnataka Branch. The students are working at SABIC (GE), DUPONT, Reliance, UTC Aerospace, 3M, AKZONOBEL, GM, VOLVO, DOW, BOSCH, SUZLON, TYCO Electronics, BOSTIK, CEAT, APPOLO, JK TYRES, IRMRA, BIRLA TYRES, MYPOL, etc.
List of Lab’s
- Chemical Engineering Lab
- Advanced Material Characterization Lab
- Plastics Processing Technology Lab
- Rubber Processing Technology Lab
- CAD Lab
- Thermal and Rheology Lab
- Physical Chemistry Lab
- Testing Lab
- Synthesis Lab
- Research Lab (I)
- Research Lab (II)
State-of-the-art Lab facilities Thermoanalytical techniques –
- Differential Scanning Calorimeter (DSC),
- Thermo Gravimetric Analyzer (TGA),
- Dynamic Mechanical Analyzer (DMA),
- Heat Distrotion Temp (HDT) & Vicat Softening Temp (VST);
Analytical tools –
- IR Spectrophotometer (FTIR) with ATR attachment,
- X-Ray Diffractometer (XRD),
- Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) with EDS attachment,
- Polarizing Optical Microscope;
- Testing – Universal Testing Machine (UTM),
- LCR meter, Flammability tester.
Processing equipments –
- Haake Rheomix and Twin Screw Extruder, Injection, Blow and Compression Molding machines.
Laboratory Equipment Details
|Sl. No.||Name of the Lab /Workshop||Carpet Area available||Major equipment (>Rs. 50,000/-)|
|1.||Plastics Processing Technology Lab.||38’ x29’||1) Automatic Injection Moulding Machine 2) Semi Automatic Compression Cum Injection Moulding Machine 3) Automatic Blow Moulding Machine 4) Plastic Extruder With Film – Cum Pipe-Cum Pelletising Attachment|
|2.||Advanced Material Characterization Lab.||25’.4’’ x 29’||1) Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) With Edax Attachment 2) Powder X-Ray Diffractometer (AXRD) 3) Rheopoint Digital Gloss/Haze Meter|
|3.||Rubber Processing Technology Lab.||38’.3’’ x29’||1) Two Roll Laboratory Mixing Mill 2) Steam Boiler With Water Softner 3) Hot Feed Rubber Extruder 4) Hydralic Compression Moulding Press 5) Vertical Hydraulic Injection Moulding Machine 6) Pneumatic Blow Moulding Machine 7) Hydraulic Press|
|4.||Polymer CAD Lab.||25’.3’’x29’||1) Multimedia Projector|
|5.||Thermal and Rheology Lab.||25’.4’’ x29’||1) Differential Scanning Calorimeter (DSC) Q-200 2) Thermogravimetric Analyser (TGA) Q50 3) Electronic Balance 4) Dynamic Mechanical Analyser (DMA) Q-800 5) FTIR 4100 Spectrometer with ATR Attachment 6) Polarizing Microscope 7) Torque Rheometer with Mixer Extruder 8) Electronics Balance 9) LCR Meter|
|6.||Polymer Testing Lab||13’.5’ x 29’’||1) Tensile Testing Machine 2) Din Abrasion Tester 3) Computerised Universal Testing Machine 4) Computerised Impact Tester 5) Computerised Vst/Hdt Apparatus 6) Melt Flow Indexer 7) Flammability Tester 8) Hounsfield Universal Testing Machine|
|7.||Physical Chemistry Lab||23’.3’’ x 29’||1) Brookfield Viscometer|
|8.||Polymer Chemistry /Synthesis Lab.||92’.5’’ x 29’||1) Ice Cube Making Machine 2) Fuming Chamber|
|9.||Research Lab. – 1||12’3″ x 29’||1) Humidity Chamber 2) Electronics Balance With Density Determination Kit (Metler) 3) Probe Ultrasonic Processor|
|10.||Research Lab. – 2||12’3″ x 29’||1) Hand Operated Hydraulic Press 2) Selective Inhibition Sintering RP Machine|
|11.||HOD Chamber||15’4″ x 14’9″||1) Interactive Panel and Visualizer|
|12.||Seminar Hall||25’5″ x 15’5″||1) Multimedia Projector|
|13.||Class Room (PS 106A1)||24’10” x 29′||1) Multimedia Projector|
|14.||Electrical Control Room||12’2″ x 15’2″||1) UPS SYSTEM 10 kVA (2 Nos.)|
|1||Autodesk Inventor series-6 Software Education version|
|2||Autodesk Inventor Professional software|
|3||M-Series Software for UTM|
|1||No. of Computer Terminals||47 + 2 (Laptop)|
|2||No. Relevant Legal Software|
|3||No. of Printers||11 No. + 1 Scanner|
To excel in Polymer engineering education and research, to serve as valuable resource for multi-faceted industry and society.
- To provide well balanced curriculum and conducive environment to excel in polymer and allied engineering disciplines.
- To promote cutting edge polymer research by offering state-of-the-art facilities.
- To undertake collaborative projects for long term interactions with academia and industries.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO1: Provide graduates with strong fundamentals of science and engineering for a successful career in Polymer Science & Technology.
PEO2: Enable graduates for higher education and innovative research to solve multidisciplinary issues.
PEO3: Equip graduates with technical skills and moral values for being responsible individuals.
ROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
Graduates receiving the Bachelor of Engineering in Polymer Science and Technology will be-
PSO1: able to address the issues related to polymeric material design with the knowledge of synthesis, structure property relationships and compounding.
PSO2: able to utilize the knowledge of polymer processing, testing, characterization, product and mold design to produce acceptable engineering products.
PSO3: capable of taking research/ higher education in premier institutes and employment in polymer industries viz. rubbers, plastics, composites, adhesives, paints, etc.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to-
PO1 Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
PO2 Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
PO3 Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
PO4 Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
PO5 Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
PO6 The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
PO7 Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
PO8 Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
PO9 Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
PO10 Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PO11 Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
PO12 Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PSC1: Apply chemistry, physics to understand structure, properties, rheology, processing, performance of polymeric materials systems, for selection and design of suitable components and process to address the concerned issues.
PSC2: Career development of members through research, consultancy and professional activities.
PSC3: Provide collaborative learning opportunities through professional societies, industries, institutes and alumni fraternity for promoting PST education along with professional growth of associated individuals.
Programmes offered by PST
1. Bachelor of Engineering in PST: Eligibility criteria- Science stream students completing 2nd PUC/ 12th Standard and must appear in entrance exams like CET/ Comed-K. Diploma students (Polymer Technology) can seek admission to 2nd year B.E. through lateral entry as per DTE (GOK) norms.
2. Master of Technology in-
i. Polymer Science & Technology,
ii. Material Science & Engineering,
Eligibility criteria- B.E. / B.Tech in the allied streams, namely Polymer, Plastic, Rubber, Textiles, Mechanical, Industrial Production, Material Science & Engg, Chemical Engineering, IEM, EEE, ECE, IT, Civil Engg., CTM; OR M.Sc. in Polymer Science, Material Science, Chemistry, Physics; with a valid PGCET / GATE / JSSSTU entrance test score.
3. M.Sc. Engineering by Research: as per the norms of: a) JSS Science & Technology University; OR b) Visvesvaraya Technological University.
4. Ph.D.: Eligible candidate can pursue Ph.D. degree at dept. of PST by registering as research scholar at the department either on part-time basis (for working scholars) or on full-time basis (for non-working individuals or industry sponsored candidates) under the recognized supervisors as per any of the following three university norms: a) JSS Science & Technology University; OR b) Visvesvaraya Technological University; OR c) University of Mysore.
Know your Faculty
Professor & HOD
Dr. G.S. Ananthapadmanabha
Dr. Roopa .S
Dr. Kameswari Devi S.H
M. Tech.(IIT) Ph.D
Dr. Pradeepa K.G
M. Tech. Ph.D
Chandresh M P
M. Tech. (Ph.D)
Dr. A.B Hemavathi
Suchetha N Raju
M. Tech. (Ph.D)
|Visiting / Adjunct professor|
|Mr. Naveen S.||Visiting Professor / Assistant professor|
|Prof. C. R. Narasimha||Visiting Professor/ Assistant professor|
|Prof. Ramesh Babu||Adjunct Professor|
|Dr. R. Mukhopadhyay||Adjunct Professor|
|Prof. P. Sridharan||Adjunct Professor|
|Mr. D. Harindra Kumar||Foreman|
|Ms. P. V. Preethi||Instructor|
|Mr. K. Shivamurthy||Assistant Instructor|
|Mr. B. Nagesh Rao||Assistant Instructor|
|Mr. B. M. Prabhuswamy||Mechanic|
|Mr. N. Sundaresh||Mechanic|
|Mr. B. Nagaraju||Helper|
|Mr. B. L. Mahadevaswamy||Helper|
|Mr. S.S. Suresha||Attender|
|Mr. H. L. Bharath Kumar||Attender|
Curriculum & Timetable
Departmental Achievements & Highlights
- Department has completed good number of R&D sponsored projects from UGC, CSIR, DST, DRDO, VGST, KSCST and others.
- PST students regularly present research papers in seminars & conferences. 10 project works are published in journals.
- Department supports allround activities through Polymer Engineering Students’ Association (PESA).
- PST is the nodal point for Indian Plastics Institute (IPI) Mysuru chapter & Indian Rubber Institute (IRI), Karnataka Branch.
- Department conducts Triennial national conference POLYCON.
- Professors have research collaboration with Universities in South Korea, Brazil, USA; and MOUs with CNU, Korea and IRI.
- SJCE is the only institute in Karnataka offering technical degree in ‘Polymer Science and Technology’.
- Graduates can select following career options in India or Abroad:
- Higher studies or research at premium research institutes/ universities;
- Job at MNCs/industries: manufacturing, design, technical marketing, quality control, product development, etc.;
- Entrepreneurship or acedemic.
Technical Events organized by PST (2011-2017)
|Sl. No.||Name of the technical events organized||Date & Month||Source of Financial Support||Sponsored (if any)||No. of Participants|
|1.||POLYCON 2011 National conference on “ Plastic and rubber Technology||25-26th April 2011||In association with IRI and Local Industries||200|
|2.||4th National Level Crash Course on Rubber Technology||16 th to 19th June 2011||In association with IRI||42|
|3.||Conference on “International year of Chemistry”||25th November 2011||TEQIP – II||TEQIP – II||160|
|4.||5th National Level Crash||22nd to 25th||In association||40|
|Course on Rubber Technology||June 2012||with IRI|
|5.||6th National Level Crash Course on Rubber Technology||30 th June – 3 rd July 2013||In association with IRI||50|
|6.||Faculty development programme on “Polymer Composites”||30-31st August 2013.||TEQIP – II||TEQIP – II||30|
|7.||POLYCON-2014 National Conference||25th – 26th April 2014||In association with IRI and Local Industries||250|
|8.||7th National Level Crash Course on Rubber Technology||6 th to 9th June 2014||In association with IRI||55|
|9.||One week faculty development programme on “Testing and characterization of polymeric materials”||15 th – 20th September 2014||TEQIP-II||TEQIP-II||60|
|10.||8th National Level Crash Course on Rubber Technology||27 th – 30th June 2015||In association with IRI||85|
|11.||Finishing school on “Design and processing of polymers” (21 sessions)||27 th August 2015- 31 st Jan 2016||TEQIP – II||TEQIP – II||60|
|12.||ICMAT 2016 International conference||26th -28th May 2016||TEQIP – II||TEQIP – II||300|
|13.||GIAN programme on|
|“Graphene-based Nanocomposites for Energy harvesting /Storage Applications”||30/5/2016 to 10/6/2016||MHRD||MHRD||55|
|14.||9th National Level Crash Course on Rubber Technology||26 th – 30th June 2016||In association with IRI||83|
|15.||Testing and Quality Management Systems in Rubber Industry||26 th -28th Sept 2016||In association with IRI and HASTERI||60|
|16.||Global Engineering||18th Nov||TEQIP – II||TEQIP – II||70|
|Education – Emerging Trends and Challenges||2016|
|17.||A technical talk on “Application of CAE in medical devices, Design & Production of Ocular insert|
|in the management of Glaucoma”. Prof. Francis Lai. Dept. of Plastic Engineering, University of Massachusetts, Lowell.||7th Jan 2017||60|
|18.||Finishing school on|
|“Industrial Prospects on Polymer Compounding, Processing and Quality Control”. (36 sessions)||24 th Nov 2016 – 17 th March 2017||TEQIP – II||TEQIP – II||60|
|19.||POLYCON-2017 National Conference||15 th and 16th September 2017||In association with IRI and Local Industries||250|
|1||27th June 2012||Dr. Kinsuk Naskar Assistant Professor Rubber Technology Center, IIT, Khargpur||Thermoplastic elastomers: The state-ofthe-art|
|2||20th July 2012||Prof. D Khastgir Rubber Technology Center, IIT, Khargpur||Materials and process of rubber rollers|
|3||10th May 2013||Mr. Vijay S Bharadwaj, Lead International Logistics Engineer, General Motors – North America.||Supply chain and logistics of automotive market|
|4||10th Aug 2013||Prof. D Khastgir Rubber Technology Center, IIT, Khargpur||Manufacturing process: Cable technology|
|5||16th Dec 2014||Dr. Dusan Berek Professor, Polymer Institute, Solvak Academy of Sciences, Slovakia.||Nanoporous carbon fibers prepared by carbonization of cellulose|
|6||5th Feb 2015||Dr. R Mukhopadhyay Director (R and D), CE-HASETRI, Rajasthan||Recent advancement in rubber processing technology|
|7||12th Feb 2015||Mr. Radhakrishnan GM, Bharti Wal Mart, India||Basics on six sigma concept|
|8||17th March 2015||Dr. Sania Aktar Dy. Director, CIPET, Mysore||New trends in rubber recycling|
|9||26th Nov 2015||Dr. R Mukhopadhyay Director (R and D), CE-HASETRI, Rajasthan||Safety and durability in automobile: Role of tyre|
|10||10th Dec 2015||Mr. Van Walworth||Moulding of rubber articles and related|
|1st April 2016||Mr. Van Walworth Technobiz, USA||Comparison of injection v/s transfer moulds: Sprue design|
|11||14th April 2016||Mr. Arindam Ghosh Head, Sales and Business Development, Rheinchemie Additives||Speciality chemicals for rubber, latex and tyre industry|
|12||21st July 2016||Prof. D Khastgir Rubber Technology Center, IIT, Khargpur||Replacement of ceramics by elastomers as insulators for high voltage power transmission: The prospects and challenges.|
|13||25th Jan 2017||Prof. Sridharan MYPOL||Rubber materials: Role of accelerators and antioxidants in rubber|
- Siddaramaiah – Recipient of Runner-Up of 6thNational Award for Technology Innovation 2015-16 in Innovation in Polymeric Products, “Design and Development of Highly Flexible and Visibly Transparent UVA Radiation Sensing Polymer Nanocomposite Hybrids”, by Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Dept. of Chemicals & Petrochemicals, Govt. of India, New Delhi, 20th Jan 2016
- B. S. Madhukar, SJCE, Mysuru was awarded with PhD University of Mysore, Mysuru for his research “Fabrication and performance evaluation of natural fibre filled polyurethane biocomposites”, Co-guided by Dr. Siddaramaiah, Awarded on 5/10/2016.
- N. Ramesha, GTTC, Mysore, was awarded with PhD for his research “Investigation of wood polymer composites” from University of Mysore, Mysuru Co-guided by Dr. Siddaramaiah, Awarded-25 July 2017.
- K. G. Pradeepa, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Polymer Science and Technology was awarded with PhD from VTU for her research “Studies on Preparation and Characterization of Polyamide based and Thermoplastic Polyurethane based blends” under the guidance of Dr. G. M. Shashidhara (with effective from 29/09/2017).
- ‘Best Paper Award’ for the research article entitled, “Compatibility studies of Natural Rubber/Metakaolin with Maleated Natural Rubber”,T. Rohini, Joong Hee Lee and Siddaramaiah, at Twenty-Sixth Intl. Conf. on “Processing and Fabrication of Advanced Materials (PFAM-XXVI)”, held at Chonbuk National University, Jeonju, South Korea, 16 -21, October 2017.
- Siddaramaiah – Recipient of Dr. J. S. Pruthi Memorial Award for 2016 for the work entitled,“Air coupled ultrasonic C-scanning technique for evaluation of breathable films for MAP of fresh produce”, A.Ramakrishna, A.S.Bawa, Siddaramaiah et al., published in Jan-Feb 2016 issue of journal ‘Indian Food Packer’, presented by Hon’ble Janab Abdur Rezzak Mollah, Ministry In-charge, Department of Food Processing Industries and Horticulture, Govt. of West Bengal, on 15/12/2017 at 73rd Annual Conference of AIFPA, Kolkota.
- Siddaramaiah – Received Award for Research Publications (ARP) by the Vision Group on Science and Technology, Government of Karnataka, Bengaluru (2016-17), award by Bharatha Ratna Prof. CNR Rao by on 17th March 2018 at Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Jakkur, Bengaluru.
- Mujeeda Banu, VVCE, Mysuru, was awarded with PhD for her research “Evaluation of effect of antioxidants on stability of edible oils”from VTU Co-guided by Dr. Siddaramaiah, Awarded, Awarded during Aug 2017.
- K.S. Nithin, NIE, Mysore was awarded with PhD for his research “Metal oxide nanofillers incorporated polymer composites for energy storage applications”, by VTU, guided by Dr. Siddaramaiah, Awarded on 24/2/2018.
- S. H. Kameshwaridevi, Associate Professor, Dept. of Polymer Science and Technology was awarded with Ph.D. degree for her research work entitled “Studies on Preparation and Characterization of Polypropylene based and Polycarbonate based blends” carried out under the guidance of (Late) Dr. G. M. Shashidhara and Stand-in-Guide Dr. Siddaramaiah.
- Shushmitha H, Shree Raksha R, Niranjan and D. Rahul students of Dept. of PST, SJCE, Mysuru, participated in the Students Project Programme during the year 2017 -18 and completed project entitled, “Polymer nanocomposites based strain sensors for structural health monitoring”, under the guidance of Dr. Siddaramaiah and Dr. K.S. Nithin. This project was supported by DST, GOK and DST, Government of India. This project was adjudged as BEST PROJECT OF THE YEAR during the seminar and exhibition held at Bapuji Institute of Eng. and Tech., Davanagere, 10th and 11th August 2018.
- G. R. Suma, JNT University, Anantapur was awarded with Ph.D. degree for her research work entitled “Inorganic nano ceramics decorated polymer nano composite films: an Opto-electronic study”, guided by Dr. Siddaramaiah, Awarded during December 2018
- Sachhidananda Shivanna (PhD Student) got selected as SRF & RA under CSIR during December 2018.
- Atul Srivastava, D.V. Gowda, Subba Rao V. Madhunapantula and Siddaramaiah: “Development and Efficacy Assessment of an Enteric Coated Porous Tablet Loaded With F4 Fimbriae for Oral Vaccination of Piglets against F4+ Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli Infections”, Current Drug Delivery, 13(1) (2016) 121-130. ISSN: 1567-2018, Impact factor –1.5.
- S. Madhukar, R. Somashekar, D.G. Bhadre Gowda, V. Annadurai and Siddaramaiah: “Phase behaviors of PU/SPI green composites using SAXS profiles”, Advances in Polym. Tech., 35 (1) (2016) 21526, ISSN: 1098-2329, Impact factor – 1.114.
- Mujeeda Banu, N. Prasad and Siddaramaiah: “Effect of antioxidant on thermal stability of vegetable oils by using ultrasonic studies”, Intl. Food Research J., 23(2) (2016) 528-536. ISSN 22317546 (Print), ISSN 19854668 (Online).
- Nithin, S.K, Shivanna S, Shilpa Nagaraj K, Chiranjeevi, Ranjith, Chinmayee, S and Siddaramaiah: “Poly (vinyl alcohol) decorated lithium doped stannous oxide nanocomposites as highly flexible UVA shieldants”, Chem. Sci. J., 7 (2016) 121. ISSN: 2150-3494.
- S. Nithin; K.N. Shilpa, S. Sachhidananda and Siddaramaiah: “Highly flexible and visibly transparent poly(vinyl alcohol)/calcium zincate nano composite films for UVA shielding applications as assessed by novel ultraviolet photons induced fluorescence quenching”, Macromolecules, 49 (7) (2016), 2791-2801. ISSN: 0024-9297 Web Edition ISSN: 1520-5835, Impact factor- 5.54.
- Ramesha, Siddaramaiah and S. Akhtar: “Abrasive water jet machining behavior of banyan tree saw dust powder loaded polypropylene green composites”, Polym. Comp., 37(6) (2016) 1754 – 1764.
- Suma G.R., Nithin K.S., Latha B.V., Shilpa, K.N., S. Sachhidananda, S.V. Sathyanarayana and Siddaramaiah, “Refractive index engineering of strontium doped zirconium oxide (SZO) reinforced poly vinyl pyrrolidone composite films: Effect of dopant content and annealing temperature”, Journal of Eng. Sci. and Computing, 6 (5) (2016) 5703-5709.
- Mujeeda Banu, Siddaramaiah and N. Prasad: “Radical Scavenging Activity of Tertiary Butyl Hydroquinone and Assessment of Stability of Palm Oil (Elaeis guineensis) by Ultrasonic Studies”, Biochem. Eng. Q., 30 (4) (2016) 477–487.
- Stabilization of Expansive soil using Ground Granulated Blast furnace Slag. (2016). International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering & Research,3(9), 102-106. doi:10.21884/ijmter.2016.3049.fvhb2 (September)
Hemavathi A B
- Hemavathi, A. B., Hebbar, H. U., & Raghavarao, K. S. M. S. (2016). Reverse micellar extraction of bioactive compounds for food products. In Enhancing Extraction Processes in the Food Industry (pp. 436-473). CRC Press.
S.Nithin, K.N.Shilpa, S. Sachhidananda and Siddaramaiah: Visibly transparent PVA/sodium doped dysprosia (Na2Dy2O4) nano composite films with high refractive index: An optical study, J. Alloys and Compounds, 694 (2017) 884-891.
- Mahesh, G.S. Nanjundaswamy, D. Channe Gowda and Siddaramaiah: “Investigation on miscibility behaviors of elastin like polypentapeptide blends with polyvinyl alcohol in aqueous and solid state”, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 134 (12) 2017.
- Ramesha, Siddaramaiah and S. Akhtar: “Effect of banyan tree saw dust powder content on the mechanical properties and machining parameters on the machining behaviour of polypropylene composites”, Intl. J. Machining and Machinability of Materials,19 (2), 2017, 160-179.
- S. Madhukar, D.G. Bhadregowda, R. Somashekar and Siddaramaiah: “Evaluation of mechanical, thermal and morphological behaviors of polyurethane/mahua seed cake green composite”, Advances in Polym. Tech., 36(2) (2017) 186-195 (Impact factor- 1.114, ISSN:1098-2329).
- Suma G.R.; Nithin Kundachira Subramani; Sachhidananda Shivanna; S.V.Satyanarayana and Siddaramaiah: “Optical and electrical evaluation of Ag5Cu0.75O Introduced Poly (vinyl alcohol) Based E.Coli Sensors”, Journal of Mater. Sci.: Materials in Electronics, 28 (2017) 13139–13148.
- Murad Q.A. Al-Gunaid, Adel M.N Saeed, S. Nithin, B.S. Madhukar and Siddaramaiah: “Optical parameters, electrical permittivity and I-V characteristics of PVA/Cs2CuO2 nanocomposite films for opto-electronic applications”, J. Mater. Sci.: Materials in Electronics, 28 (11) 2017, pp 8074–8086.
- Santhosh, G. P. Nayaka, Johnston Aranha and Siddaramaiah: “Investigation on Electrical and Dielectric Behaviour of Halloysite Nanotube Incorporated Polycarbonate Nanocomposite Films”, Trans Indian Inst. Met., 70(3) (2017), 549-555.
- Suma G.R., S. Nithin, Shilpa K.N., S. Sachhidananda, S.V.Satyanarayana and Siddaramaiah: “Effect of Ce0.5Zr0.5O2 Nano Fillers on Structural and Optical Behaviors of Poly (vinyl alcohol)”, Journal of Mater. Sci.: Materials in Electronics, 28(14) (2017), pp 10707–10714.
- R. Suma, Nithin Kundachira Subramani, S. Sachhidananda, S.V. Satyanarayana and Siddaramaiah: “Nanotechnology enabled E.Colisensors: An opto-electronic study”, Materials Today: Proceedings, 4(10) (2017), 11300–11304.
- Santhosh, G.P.Nayaka, B.S. Madhukar, and Siddaramaiah: “Optical properties of PVP/Li3GaO3 nanocomposites”, Materials Today: Proceedings 4 (2017) 12061–12069.
- S. Shivakumar Gouda, Vijay Chatterjee, Siddaramaiah, P.K. Barhai, and G.B. Veeresh Kumar: “Fracture toughness of glass epoxy laminates using carbon nano particles and ETBN rubber”, Materials Performances and Characterization, 6 (1) (2017) 488-499.
- Chaurasia Priya, Dayashankar, P. C. Deepika and Siddaramaiah: “Clinical and Radiographic Evaluation of Citric Acid-Based NanoHydroxyapatite Composite Graft in the Regeneration of Intrabony Defects – A Randomized Controlled Trial”, Contemporary Clinical Dentistry, 8(3) (2017) 380-386.
- Santhosh, G.P. Nayaka, B.S. Madhukar, and Siddaramaiah: “Luminescent down-shifting aluminosilicate nanocomposites: an efficient UVA shielding Material for photovoltaics”, J. Mater. Sci.: Materials in Electronics, 29 (2018), 6720–6729.
- Murad Q.A. Al-Gunaid, Adel M.N Saeed and Siddaramaiah: “Effect of electrolyte content on electrical permittivity, thermal stability and optical dispersion of PVA/Cs2CuO2-LiClO4 nanocomposite solid polymer electrolytes”, Appl. Polym. Sci., 135(8) (2018) 45852.
- S. Madhukar, D.G. Bhadregowda, K.Hemalatha, R.Somashekar and Siddaramaiah: “Polyurethane/ soya protein isolate green composites: spectral, microstructural, thermal, swelling and biodegradation behaviors”, Advances in Polym. Tech., 37(2) (2018) 399-410 (Impact factor – 1.114, ISSN:1098-2329).
- Chethana and Siddaramaiah: “Restricted equilibrium swelling of n-alkanes posed by ginger spent filled polyurethane green composites during sorption, desorption, resorption and redesorption processes”, Advances in Polym. Tech., 37(2) (2018) 484-497 (Impact factor – 1.114, ISSN:1098-2329).
- S. Nithin, S. Sachhidananda, K.N. Shilpa and Siddaramaiah: “Refractive Index Engineering of Poly (Vinyl Alcohol)/Li2ZnO2 Nanocomposites: Effect of Filler Content and Annealing Temperature”, AIP Conf. Proc., 1943, (2018) 020127-1–020127-9.
- Adel M.N Saeed, Murad Q.A. Al-Gunaid and Siddaramaiah: “Effect of lithium perchlorate on the opto-electrical and thermal properties of poly (vinyl pyrrolidone)/nano cesium aluminate solid polymer electrolytes”, Polymer-Plastics Technology and Engg., 57 (15) (2018) 1554–1566.
- S. Nithin, S. Sachhidananda, K.N. Shilpa, B. Suresha, B.M. Jagajeevan Raj and Siddaramaiah: Optoelectronic behaviours of UV shielding calcium zirconate reinforced polycarbonate nanocomposite films: An optical view, Materials Today: Proceedings, 5 (2018) 16626–16632.
- Vasundhra, Ajay Bhardwaj, P. C. Deepika and Siddaramaiah: “Zinc Incorporated Nano Hydroxyapatite: A Novel Bone Graft Used for Regeneration of Intrabony Defects”, Contemporary Clinical Dentistry, 9(3) (2018) 427-433.
- Pradeepa, K. G., & Shashidhara, G. M. (2018). Comparative study on experimental and Kerner model predictions of viscoelastic properties of Polyamide 6/Polyvinyl alcohol blends. Journal of Research Updates in Polymer Science, 7(1), 14-20.
- K.G and G.M Shashidhara “Study on Thermal and Physico – mechanical properties of Thermoplastic Polyurethane and Polyamide 6 blends” in the international conference on advanced materials (ICAM – 2019) held during 12th – 14th June 2019, Organized by Department of Physics, Nirmalagiri college, kannur, Kerala, India.
- Kameshwari Devi S.H., and Siddaramaiah: “Effect of compositions and compatibilizer on the viscoelastic behaviors of polycarbonate/acrylonitrile butadiene styrene blends”, oral presentation at Conf. on Advanced Trends in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (ATMP-2019), held at Dayananda Sagar University, Bengaluru, from 7th to 9th November 2019.
- Kameshwari Devi S.H and Siddaramaiah: “Rheological study on polypropylene and glass filled polybutylene terephthalate blends”, oral presentation at 11th Intl Conf. on Advancements in Polymeric Materials (APM 2020) held at SARP-PDDRL, CIPET, Bengaluru, during Feb 13-15, 2020.
- Satish T.S and Siddaramaiah: “Effective Photostabilization of Polypropylene tapes for packaging applications”, oral presentation at 11th Intl Conf. on Advancements in Polymeric Materials (APM 2020) held at SARP-PDDRL, CIPET, Bengaluru, during Feb 13-15, 2020.
- Sachhidananda S, K.S. Nithin and Siddaramaiah: “Nano Structured Metal Oxide Impregnated Polymer based Flexible Films for UV-Active Luminescent Spectral Manipulator for Photo Protective Applications”, poster presentation at 11th Intl Conf. on Advancements in Polymeric Materials (APM 2020) held at SARP-PDDRL, CIPET, Bengaluru, during Feb 13-15, 2020.
- P. Prasanna and Siddaramaiah: “Investigation of Antioxidants Effect on Recycled Polyethylene Multilayer Rotomolded Water Storage Tanks”, poster presentation at 11th Intl Conf. on Advancements in Polymeric Materials (APM 2020) held at SARP-PDDRL, CIPET, Bengaluru, during Feb 13-15, 2020.
- Shashikala B.S, Murad Q. A. Al-Gunaid, T.E. Somesh, J. Anasuya and Siddaramaiah: “Effect of polyaninline modified HNT on the optoelectrical behaviour of polycarbonate nanocomposites”, oral presentation at 11th Intl Conf. on Advancements in Polymeric Materials (APM 2020) held at SARP-PDDRL, CIPET, Bengaluru, during Feb 13-15, 2020.
- Chandresh M.P, Pradeepa. K.G, Roopa, S and Siddaramaiah, Liquid rubber toughened epoxy resin, three day Second International conference on Advanced Materials and Technology (ICMAT –20), on 16th to 18th January 2020, organized by Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engg., Mysuru.
- Neelambika, A., Chandresh, M. P., Roopa, S and Siddaramaiah, Natural/vegetable oils: A Safe Process Oils for Industrial Rubber Products, three day Second International conference on Advanced Materials and Technology (ICMAT – 20), on 16th to 18th January 2020, organized by Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engg., Mysuru.
- V. Gowda, C. Saikishan, Siddaramaiah and Hemalatha, S.: Formulation and Evaluation of CefpodoximeLoaded Enteric Coated Sustained Release Beads, 2nd Intl. Conf. on Adv. Matls.and Technology (ICMAT-20), held at Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysuru, during 16th -18th January 2020.
- D V Gowda, Gopinath N, Siddaramaiah and Hemalatha, S.: “Formulation of Lipid Bearing Pellets as a Delivery System for Poorly Soluble Drugs”, 2nd Conf. on Adv. Matls. and Technology (ICMAT-20), held at Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysuru, during 16th -18th January 2020.
- V. Gowda, R.Kalaiselvi, Siddaramaiah and Hemalatha, S.: “Development and Evaluation of Solid Self-Emulsifying Ibuprofen Pellets”, 2nd Intl. Conf. on Adv. Matls. and Technology (ICMAT-20), held at Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysuru, during 16th -18th January 2020.
- V. Gowda, Surabhi C, Siddaramaiah and Hemalatha, S.: “Formulation and Evaluation of Electrospun Amorphous Solid Dispersions of Diclofenac Sodium Orodispersible Tablet for Rheumatoid Arthritis”, 2nd Intl. Conf. on Adv. Matls. and Technology (ICMAT-20), held at Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysuru, during 16th -18th January 2020.
- V. Gowda, JogabrataTripathy, Siddaramaiah and Hemalatha, S.: “Development and Evaluation of Orally Disintegrating Tablets Containing Pilocarpine-2-Hydroxy Propyl beta-cyclodextrin Inclusion Complex by Response Surface Methodology”, 2nd Intl. Conf. on Adv. Matls. and Technology (ICMAT-20), held at Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysuru, during 16th -18th January 2020.
- V. Gowda, MerryD’Silva, Siddaramaiah and Hemalatha, S.: “Formulation and Evaluation of Gemcitabine Loaded Nanoemulsion for Pulmonary Delivery”, 2nd Intl. Conf. on Adv. Matls. and Technology (ICMAT-20), held at Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysuru, during 16th -18th January 2020.
- V. Gowda, Rachna M. Kumar, Siddaramaiah and Hemalatha, S.: “Development and Evaluation of Solid Lipid Nanoparticles Loaded with Gemcitabine for Pulmonary Delivery”,2nd Intl. Conf. on Adv. Matls. and Technology (ICMAT-20), held at Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysuru, during 16th -18th January 2020.
- V. Gowda, Rohini Bhattacharya, Siddaramaiah and Hemalatha, S.: “Characterisation and Formulation of Transdermal Delivery System of Piroxicam”, 2nd Intl. Conf. on Adv. Matls. and Technology (ICMAT-20), held at Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysuru, during 16th -18th January 2020.
- V. Gowda, G.Naveen Datta, Siddaramaiah and Hemalatha, S.: “Formulate and Evaluate Clotrimazole (CZ) Ocuserts of 2β Beta-Cyclodextrin (2β-CD) Complex”, 2nd Intl. Conf. on Adv. Matls. and Technology (ICMAT-20), held at Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysuru, during 16th -18th January 2020.
- V. Gowda, Subhashree Sahoo, Siddaramaiah and Hemalatha, S.: “Coconut Oil and Silver Nanoparticles simultaneously loaded onto polyurethane nanofibers for wound-healing applications”, 2nd Intl. Conf. on Adv. Matls. and Technology (ICMAT-20), held at Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysuru, during 16th -18th January 2020.
- V. Gowda, Saheli Das, Siddaramaiah and Hemalatha, S.: “Formulation and Evaluation of Methotrexate Loaded Nanoemulsion for Rheumatoid Arthritis”, 2nd Intl. Conf. on Adv. Matls. and Technology (ICMAT-20), held at Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysuru, during 16th -18th January 2020.
- V. Gowda, NanhiNandini, Siddaramaiah and Hemalatha, S.: “Development and Evaluation of Co-amorphous Based Supersaturated Transdermal Formulation”, 2nd Intl. Conf. on Adv. Matls. and Technology (ICMAT-20), held at Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysuru, during 16th -18th January 2020.
- V. Gowda, Kowsalya N, Siddaramaiah and Hemalatha, S.: “Formulation and Evaluation of Orally Disintegrating Mini-tablet (Odmts) Loaded with Cetirizine HCL to Enhance Patient Compliance”, 2nd Intl. Conf. on Adv. Matls. and Technology (ICMAT-20), held at Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysuru, during 16th -18th January 2020.
- V. Gowda, Girish S.H, Siddaramaiah and Hemalatha, S.: “Formulation and Evaluation of Solid self-micro Emulsifying Dispersible Tablet of Piroxicam”, 2nd Intl. Conf. on Adv. Matls. and Technology (ICMAT-20), held at Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysuru, during 16th -18th January 2020.
- V. Gowda, S.H. Shravanth, Siddaramaiah and Hemalatha, S.: “Formulation and Performance of PiroxicamNano Crystalline Suspension and Granulated or Spray Dried Powders”, 2nd Intl. Conf. on Adv. Matls. and Technology (ICMAT-20), held at Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysuru, during 16th -18th January 2020.
- AB Hemavathi, Kishora VK, Charitha MS, Parinitha Babu, Bharath M, Dinakar P and Siddaramaiah. Study on anaerobic biodegradation behavior of PP/EVOH food packaging containers. Presented at ICMAT 2020, held at SJCE, Mysuru during 16th – 18th January 2020.
- Kameshwari Devi S.H., Daniyal Shaistha and Siddaramaiah presented research paper entitled “The Effect of PTFE Content on the Physico-Mechanical, Drilling and Machinability behaviors of Polyamide 6/Glass Fibre/PTFE “ in the second international conference on Advanced Materials & Technology (ICMAT -20), 16th to 18th January 2020, organized by Sri Jayachamarajendra college of Engineering , Mysuru.