Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India has established ‘MHRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC)’ to systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas while they are in formative years.
MIC has envisioned creation of ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs)’ across selected HEIs. A network of these IICs will be established to promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in these campuses.
Major Focus of IIC
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem
- Start-up/ entrepreneurship supporting Mechanism in HEIs
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework (ARRIA)
- Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas
- Develop better Cognitive Ability amongst Technology Students
Promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campus
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bounded fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- • Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- • Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- • Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc with the involvement of industries.
- No major capital investment required for establishing IIC as it will make use of existing local ecosystem.
- Students/Faculty associated with IIC will get exclusive opportunity to participate in various Innovation related initiatives and competitions organized by MHRD.
- Win exciting Prizes/Certificates every month.
- Meet/Interact with renowned Business Leaders and top-notch academicians.
- Opportunity to nurture and prototype new ideas.
- Mentoring by Industry Professionals.
- Experimentation with new/latest technologies.
- Visit new places and learn a new culture.
|1||11th November 2018||Launch of Institution’s Innovation Council by Hon’ble Minister Shri. Prakash Javadekar, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India Presentation by students on 15 grassroots Innovators|
|2||12th – 30th November 2018||Half day workshop on Cognitive Skills, Design Thinking and Critical thinking using local resource persons.|
|3||1st – 15th December 2018||Half day workshop on IPR for Students and Faculty Members|
|4||15th – 31st December 2018||Exams – No Major Activities|
|5||8th January 2019||India First Leadership Talk (Webinar Organized by MHRD’s Innovation Cell)|
|6||15th January -30th January 2019||Idea Competition Field trips to nearby Incubation centre (TBIs, IEDC, MSME – Business Incubator centre etc.)|
|7||1st – 27th February 2019||Design Competition Proof of Concept development (for shortlisted ideas from Idea Competition) Smart India Hackathon 2019 – Software Edition|
|8||28th February 2019||Exhibition / Presentation of Proof of Concept and Innovative Ideas (Science Day)|
|9||1st -30th March 2019||Workshop on “Business plan Development” India First Leadership Talk (Webinar Organized by MHRD’s Innovation Cell) Smart India Hackathon 2019 – Hardware|
|10||01st -15th April 2019||Boot Camp for Entrepreneurship Development.|
|11||15th April – 31st May 2019||Exams – No Major Activities|
|12||01st – 29th June 2019||Innovation Competition Theme – i. Health Care ii. Agriculture & Rural Development 3 Short Team Project (One Month) 3 Long Term Project ( 2-6 Months) Activities: Visit Local Hospital / Village and Observe for two days Identify problem statement in Hospital / Village Create POC Implementation Minimum 3 students per Team|
|13||01st – 31st July 2019||Innovation Competition Theme – i. Energy ii. Environment 3 Short Team Project (One Month) 3 Long Term Project ( 2-6 Months) Activities: Visit Local field and Observe for two days Identify problem statement Create POC Implementation Minimum 3 students per Team|
|14||01st – 31st August 2019||Technical Expos (Health Care, Agriculture, Energy and Environment)|
|15||02nd – 14th September 2019||Business Plan Competitions|
|16||14th – 30th September 2019||Hackathons|
|17||15th October 2019 (Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Birth Anniversary)||Exhibitions of all Success stories of all IICs in New Delhi|
|18||11th November 2019||Selected Best Projects will be Funded|
|Senior Faculty Member of the Institution||President||Dr. Mallikarjun S Aradhya|
|Faculty Member||Convener||Dr. B S Harish|
|Faculty Member||Innovation Activity Coordinator||Dr. N Haraprasad|
|Faculty Member||Startup Activity Coordinator||Mr. Shivshankar|
|Faculty Member||Social Media Coordinator||Mr. M S Maheshan|
|Faculty Member||Internship Activity Coordinator||Dr. M Pradeep|
|Faculty Member||NIRF Coordinator||Dr. V N Manjunath Aradhya|
|IICs Coordinator (Student)||Coordinator||Mr. Adarsh R|
|Representative from nearby incubation Centre||Member||Mr. Krishna Kardle|
|Representatives of SIDBI / NABARD / Lead Bank / Investor||Member||Mr. G P Sathish|
|Technical Experts from nearby Industry||Member||Dr. R Mukhopadhyay|
|Alumni Entrepreneurs from the Host Institutions||Member||Mr. Adarsh Ramesh|
|Patent Expert||Special Invitee||Dr. M N Bheemesh|
|Students from the host Institution||Member||Dept. of Computer Science and Engg
|Dept. of Electronics and Instrumentation Engg
|Dept . of Civil Engg
|Dept. of Electronics and Communication Engg
|Dept. of Environmental Engg
|Dept. of Information Science and Engg
|Dept. of Industrial and Production Engg
|Dept. of Construction Technology and Management
|Dept. of Mechanical Engg
|Dept. of Computer Science and Business Systems
Reports of Activities by IICIdeathon-2.0
- India First Leadership Talk Series on : Innovation for Resurgent India.
The Results of Know Your Problem (KYP) – 2019 is announced. Congratulations to all the winners. The prize will be awarded on October 15, 2019 on Account of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Birth Anniversary.