In pursuance of its Action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system and work towards realisation of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. For this, during the post-accreditation period, institutions need to channelize its efforts and measures towards promoting the holistic academic excellence including the peer committee recommendations.
The guidelines provided in the following pages will guide and facilitate the institution in the creation and operation of the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC). The work of the IQAC is the first step towards internalization and institutionalization of quality enhancement initiatives.
Its success depends upon the sense of belongingness and participation in all the constituents of the institution. It will not be yet another hierarchical structure or a record-keeping exercise in the institution. It will be a facilitative and participative voluntary system/unit/organ of the institution. It has the potential to become a vehicle for ushering in quality enhancement by working out planned interventionist strategies by IQAC to remove deficiencies and enhance quality like the “Quality Circles” in industries.
To ensure quality culture as the prime concern for the Higher Education Institutions through institutionalizing and internalizing all the initiatives taken with internal and external support.
The primary aim of IQAC is
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks
- Relevant and quality academic/ research programmes
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- The credibility of assessment and evaluation process
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks
- Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute to
- Ensure clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs
- Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was set up at JSS Science and Technology University in December 2018. The role of this IQAC is to improve standards of all academic programmes in the University by adapting to outcome based education and to set benchmarks for its follow up actions. This centre is formulating as per the needs of University Grants Commission (UGC) and National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) and the roles and responsibility are in compliance with the UGC guidelines.
The broad goals of IQAC at JSS STU are as follows:
- To apply the knowledge of outcome based education to continuously improve the curriculum and to be in tune with the advancement of technology
- To promote quality culture and benchmark the best practices
The main functions of IQAC at JSS STU are:
- To continuously strive to be in tune with the advancement of technology through online and offline education methods and to be in tune with the outcome based education.
- To create learner-centric atmosphere by imbibing the use of learning resources available in-house and also through MOOC and SWAYAM portals
- To collect feedbacks from parents, students and also teachers to improve the quality of education
- To promote faculty members to be actively involved in working towards publishing the papers in reputed journals and carry out research leading to patents.
- To promote international/national conference /FDP / industry institute partnerships/ alumni lectures/ internship programmes in house/industry to enhance the quality of education
- To update learning resources and to educate the issues related to plagiarism and formulate plagiarism control committee
- To establish Innovation Cell through involvement of faculty members and industry experts
- To formulate information cell to record all the quality related activities of the University
|2||Dr.K.S.Lokesh||Senior Administrative Member|
|3||Dr. T.N.Naghabhushana||Senior Administrative Member|
|5||Dr. Srinidhi R||Member|
|7||Dr. B.M.Sadashiva Murthy||Member|
|8||Dr. S.K. Padma||Member|
|12.||Prof. M.H.Dhananjaya||Member from the Management|
|13||Dr. P.Nilani||Nominee from local society|
|14.||Mr. M.V.Shankara||Nominee from local society|
|15.||Mr. S.Nanjundaswamy||Member – Student Nominee|
|16.||Ms. Thanushree||Member – Student Nominee|
|17.||Mr. Ganesh M||Member – Alumni|
|18.||Mr. Dharmendra||Member – Alumni|
|19.||Mr. Srinivas Varadarajan||Member – Industrialist|
|20.||Mr. Mallikarjunaiah||Member – Industrialist|