SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY ENTREPRENUER’S PARK
Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering – Science & Technology Entrepreneurs Park (SJCE-STEP) was established in 1985 at JSS Technical Campus, Mysuru, with the support of Department of Science & Technology (DST) and the blessings of His Holiness JSS Mahaswamiji, is Focusing on technology domains to support and develop cutting edge product or service in STEP incubator. Over 3 decades of its existence, STEP has been in forefront to groom Entrepreneurs and has also promoted more than 150 entrepreneurs over the years. SJCE-STEP has CATALYSING and PROMOTING ENTREPRENEURSHIP across the information technology and communication domains.
To promote Techno Entrepreneurs & Start-ups in the Information-Communication Technology (ICT) and electronic product development, SJCE-STEP established a Technology Business Incubator (TBI) under the ‘Software Entrepreneurs and Employees Development (SEED) Project’.
INCUBATION SUPPORT & FACILITIES
INFRASTRUCTURE | VALUE ADDED SERVICE | START-UP GRADUATION
SJCE-STEP- creates a conductive atmosphere for innovation, for sharing ideas, experience, networking and facilities for carrying thought provoking initiatives. It opens up avenues for Students, Teachers, Researchers and industry professionals for successfully starting Varieties of Economic Ventures.
VALUE ADDED SERVICES
AI, AR, MR, ML, IOT, SaaS, Cloud Computing, Data Science, Block chain and other emerging technologies.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- Soft skills & Personality Development
- Leadership & Management Training
- Campus recruitment Training
- Entrepreneurship Development programmes
- Faculty Development Programs
- Training of Trainers
After Training Support
- Support by Mentors
- Internship Support
- Nurturing Sessions
- Individual Counselling
- Career Guidance
Healthcare, AgriTech, Travel & Hospitality, DEEP TECH, TECH for IMPACT, FINTECH, CONSUMER INTERNET, EDUCATION, Enterprise Tech, Drone, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Robotics, Rural Impact
SJCE-STEP Student E-Cell / START-UP Club
Students learn important & useful trait about entrepreneurship. Even though students do not take up entrepreneurship as a full-time profession, the skill sets learned as E-Cell members would be extremely helpful to them in any job.
SJCE-STEP E-Cell conducts several activities such as workshops, interaction with successful entrepreneurs, building prototypes, setting up small campus companies where other students can be your customers, internship opportunities with outside companies etc. in order to cultivate the below skill set among the students:
- Organising skill: Since the E-cell is typically run by the students, they learn how to organize various activities from end-to-end. This requires them to coordinate with different stakeholders, bring consensus among them and align them to chase the single goal.
- Team building skill: Any activity requires multiple people support to execute it successfully. Students learn to find the right person for the right job. They also learn to trust their team member and encourage them to finish the tasks. They also understand that to achieve any goal, they need to take their team along.
- Sales & Marketing skill: This is one quality that every entrepreneur must learn. The college campus company activity allows the students to sell their products or services to the customers in real time.
- Convincing Skill: To achieve success in your entrepreneurial journey, you need to learn to take your team along and this essentially requires lots of convincing skill. The e-cell activities provide an excellent platform to hone this skill.
- Relationship building: In order to execute the events, a student has to liaison with various college departments/authorities and get things done from them. Hence relationship building becomes very critical for the success.
- Knowledge about compliance: Students have to run pillar to post to get the necessary permission & approval from the management to organize the events. They cannot break the rules and work within the constraint. This will equate to the various compliance related work that an entrepreneur requires to do during the start-up journey.
- Sponsorship: Sometimes students have to find the sponsors to fund their events/activities. This is equal to finding investors in the entrepreneurial journey.
STEP in association with Wadhwani foundation took our Engineering students to one-day workshop on E-Cell Activities and Business Strategies conducted at PES University Bangalore, which motivated our students to form an active E-Cell at STEP and JSS S&T Univiersity called VENTURE-X
- So far, more than 750 different workshops and Programmes like Entrepreneurship Development Programs(EDP), Technology Based Entrepreneurship Development Programmes (TEDP), Skill Development programmes and continuing Education have been conducted for more than 20,000 candidates.
- Among them major Industries provided job opportunities to more than 10,000 unemployed youth.
- Over 40+ Graduated Incubates who have established their Software & Hardware Industries in different sectors in Mysore & Bangalore and provided employment opportunities to many Technical / Non-Technical persons.
- SJCE-STEP in Mysore is one of the first 3 STEPs to be established in the country and has been accredited as the BEST-STEP in the year 2000 by Government of India, among the 14 STEPs established throughout the country.
Education for Empowerment is the key to success in Nation Development. SJCE-STEP puts all its effort to achieve Human Excellence through advanced Training and facilitation for entrepreneurship culture. The pride of industrial India lies in the hands of these technocrats who walk the portals of SJCE-STEP
NEW INCUBATION FACILTY
- Customised incubation space with high speed internet 24/7
- Access to facility with access control, security with CCTV monitoring, 100% power back up
- Shared discussion & meeting rooms, Conference hall, Training Halls, Board room
- Flexible space or dedicated cabins. Cafeteria and ample parking space
- Product development Centre
STUDENTS & INCUBATEES ENGAGNEMT ACTIVITES
Student E-Cell was formed with core committee members with the main moto of having an active start up club in the campus and refining Entrepreneurs skills in students.
SEED Fund cheque distribution to start-ups who qualified through Seed fund program 2019-2020
STEP created an opportunity for its incubate for Product presentation on AR, MR, VR and Artificial Intelligence at JSS Hospital Board Room for all interns and duty doctors about the usage of AR/VR advancement in learning aide for
Monthly meeting with incubates discussed about inauguration and fire drill, to initiate rapport between students and incubates to have internships, hands-on experience case study and entrepreneurial talk.
SJCE-STEP & MSME COLABORATIVE ACTIVITIES
The roadshow catered a lot of information to students and emerging start-ups. Simulation experts, unique licensing models, offering services to more than 8000+customers, Knowledge on Altair grand challenge and proceedings.
Digital Manufacturing and Industry4.0: Awareness session for start-ups and students to look into future digital manufacturing
An awareness camp initiated by MSME Govt., of India and supported by SJCE-STEP. The main criteria of this camp was to educate the start-up, students and other business associates about Gem Portal and IPR. & Why IPR ?
NLAP-2020 (National Level Awareness Program) on Entrepreneurship by MSME
A knowledgeable and motivational national level program on how to be an entrepreneur with the support of MSME and engage MSME in student start up and to ignite students in taking entrepreneur as a career option! Also, various schemes and program for entrepreneurs under MSME to get help and develop their business.
SJCE-STEP PARTICIPATION IN PUBLIC WORKSHOPS EVENTS & SEMINARS
Bengaluru Tech Summit Organized by K-Tech, IT/BT at Mysore, at Radisson Blue Plaza
Leadership training and workshop was held at JSS PDA, JSS-TI Campus, organised by SJCE-STEP the programme was targeted for young minds who are interested to take entrepreneurship as their career and they also undergone training related to risk taking ability. 25 people took part in this half day workshop
TiECon Mysore event held at Radisson Blue Plazza. STEP supported and participated in this event as an ecosystem partner. It was organised by TiE Mysuru chapter to interconnect with people for creating eco system in incubation facility and platform for the young minds for pitching their ideas.
TED talk by Raghu T Santhanam was held at Video Conferencing Hall, STEP Guest House Building, this talk was on analytics beyond artificial intelligence organised by Vigyan Labs. This session was attended by all staffs of Incubations.
Technology Entrepreneurship Development Program in Aerospace Domain
Industrial visit by participants of TEDP Programme organized at SJCE-STEP along with programme coordinator Mr. K Jyothir Ganesh. During this visit percipient were exposed to different sections of industry and came to know the activities of electronic industry. Total 30 students participated.
SJCE-STEP SUPPORTING START-UPS AND INCUBATES DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC
STEP incubated start-up MDBS Tech supported district administration to develop an App for providing digital passes to travel for public. Mandya district Police department used this is app and acknowledged the support. Also another App for managing a covid19 infected case by district health office department was also submitted.
We were officially invited by Mysore DC office through a letter to support on technology front to analyses the data and provide a quick understanding through graphs and dash board. STEP, its incubates and with other tech volunteers developed the solutions and continuously helped district administration. STEP took the lead
on it as we are DST recognized centre. We interacted with district administration team, police department, health department and city municipal commissioner to
Three days’ leadership development program organized by SJCE-STEP to encourage and motivate Start-ups and entrepreneurs to support with various business strategies to overcome the side effects of pandemic over business.
Leaders and entrepreneurs representing various business,such as Camping Ground, MojoJojo, Wheeler Cleaner, Mysore Kaapi, Crafts Mel on, Edukaushal, Art of Mysore and more attended and made it a great experience.
NOTE: Extreme sanitization of premises and micro details of the participants’ level were followed to make it a safe environment for all. Thermal screening of each was carried out on a daily basis at regular intervals
Existing Companies at SJCE-STEP Incubation Centre
|1||M/s Vigyan Labs||https://www.ipmplus.com|
|2||M/s Vuon Technologies||http://www.vuontech.com/|
|3||M/s MDBS Pvt Ltd
M/s Ortus Technologies
|4||M/s Isoty Pvt Ltd||http://isoty.com/|
|5||M/s EWS Consultancy||http://www.ewscon.com/|
|6||M/s AVK Resources Center||https://edukaushal.com/|
|7||M/s Helio Décor Pvt Ltd||http://www.craftmelon.com/|
|8||M/s AIML Ware Systems Pvt.Ltd||http://www.craftmelon.com/|
|9||APPZ Solutions PVt Ltd||http://appz.co.in/|
|10||M/s Pion AI Pvt Ltd||https://pion.ai/|
|11||EqualizeRCM Services pvt Ltd||https://equalizercm.com/|
|12||Veeruby Technologies Pvt ltd||https://www.veeruby.com/|
|13||Dorigin Technologies Pvt Ltd||https://dorigintech.com/|
|Resident Enterprises Supported by Govt INDIA and Govt of Karnataka|
|Sl No||Virtual Incubatees of
|Website and Business|
|1||Acube Solutions||Education and skill training|
|2||LogIQ a Private limited||eShipz.com – Simplified Enterprise Shipping|
|3||M/s. Nefty Pvt Limited||i-Smart Human Optimization Algorithm
for Wellness Industry
|4||Varsha Associates a Private limited||Manufactures of cables and accessories|
|5||Bizebrand Pvt Ltd||E solutions and manufacturing connect platform|
|6||eSammudaay||Digital Enterprise platform|